What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Buy or Apple Store

Best Buy or Apple

• Best Buy

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • Apple Store

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • Craigslist / Other

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where did you get your iPad and why? Best buy or Apple, or craigslist/other?

I got mine at best buy was because I didn't feel like walking through the mall.

**Rae**

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple store because the basic extended warranty was less expensive through them. Plus I love knowing that all my questions will be answered.

susan_cassidy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine at Best Buy because there aren't any Apple stores very close by.

I got the warranty from Square Trade, because they cover warranty and accidental damage for 2 years for the price of one year from Apple.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, of the 3 I had a hand in purchasing, I got the first one by walking in to an apple store...when we were ready for a second we tried doing the same (several stores)... Finally located one in a BestBuy about 45 mins away. Then number 3, well 3and4, decided on swapping to 3G, sold the other and tried all walk in options....ended up wait listing at apple store and ordered online...both arrived less than a week of each other...go figure. So my choice is all of the above?

Habry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The night of the day the 3G model came out, I stopped in at the Apple Store in Pasadena CA. I walked up to a pimply kid in company t-shirt.

"Got any sixty-four-gigabyte ones left?"

"Yep."

We walked to the special iPad-sales table in the back, where a shelf held the remainder of their stock: a few of the lesser capacities & a whole lineup of the 64GB ones.

"He wants a sixty-four-gigabyte," the kid said. The cashier turned to pluck one and swept the standing boxes with her hand. All but one tumbled to the floor. Heads turned at the clatter. She & the kid went paper-white.

I pointed to the remaining iPad, wobbling in its box.

"Um, I'll take that one."

The cashier scooped up the fallen iPads. A manager stepped over to assess the damage. I gave the kid my credit card and he rang it up nervously—the receipt rattled when he held it.

Total time waiting in line: 0 hrs, 0 mins, 0 secs

Retail entertainment value: 9.5 (poor little elves!)

Delight with product: Inestimable

Last edited:

lrg32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine off craigslist. It was around a month after the ipad came out, I bought the 16gb wifi model that was still brand new in box, plus the guy threw in a full body Ghost armor shield and a incase silicone case for $400. It felt good knowing that i had saved roughly $200 compared to buying it all brand new in the stores.

OP
W

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The night of the day the 3G model came out, I stopped in at the Apple Store in Pasadena CA. I walked up to a pimply kid in company t-shirt.

"Got any sixty-four-gigabyte ones left?"

"Yep."

We walked to the special iPad-sales table in the back, where a shelf held the remainder of their stock: a few of the lesser capacities & a whole lineup of the 64GB ones.

"He wants a sixty-four-gigabyte," the kid said. The cashier turned to pluck one and swept the standing boxes with her hand. All but one tumbled to the floor. Heads turned at the clatter. She & the kid went paper-white.

I pointed to the remaining iPad, wobbling in its box.

"Um, I'll take that one."

The cashier scooped up the fallen iPads. A manager stepped over to assess the damage. I gave the kid my credit card and he rang it up nervously—the receipt rattled when he held it.

Total time waiting in line: 0 hrs, 0 mins, 0 secs

Retail entertainment value: 9.5 (poor little elves!)

Delight with product: Inestimable

Haha that's good!

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I bought mine in May BB har no stock and I ordered from the Apple store online. I bought the second one in August from onpine too just because it was convenient at the time I decidee to buy it for my husbqnd for BD gift and I had time.

Itwasntme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best Buy. The apple store was out of the 16g wifi version. I made my online reservation but that was going to take weeks. So I kept checking best buys in various cities, and finally found one that had them in stock.

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After being "screwed" by Best Buy (and one of their sales clerks) 2 years ago, the only thing I will buy from BB is a "lost leader" so THEY lose money.

Their sales people are off the street morons that lie every other breath just to make a high commission sale. Their "extended warranties" are worthless and loaded with technicalities designed to hide not covered areas.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that is not true, I know for fact that Bestbuy does not operate on commission so now "high commission" sales. Also, most extended warranties for any store are quite useless. :)

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was a pre-order from Apple, delivered on Day One of the 3G models. May not be a big fan of Best Buy, but they are better than most electronics stores. However, Apple rarely allows outside vendors the ability to offer better deals.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts