What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will you buy your Ipad 2 and why...

melsnel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best Buy will be my last option....as always. Our Best Buy has a rating of 1.4 out of 5, and there's a reason for that. Lordie how I miss Circuit City.

Yeah, but you know what you want and if it breaks you just bring it to an apple service provider. How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Apple Authorized Distributor (AAD)

So if I buy it from my local Verizon store or Best Buy (they are terrible in my area too) and I have a problem, I can just go to the Apple store to get it resolved? Are there any differences in support if you don't get it from the Apple store?

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there any differences in support if you don't get it from the Apple store?

No, they'll support the products (as long as still under warranty) regardless of where you buy them. And you can still buy an Apple Care extended warranty if you wanted even if you buy elsewhere (I never get extended warranties).

melsnel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, that's good info. Then, assuming that I get confirmation that Verizon will not be charging activation fees, I will probably go to my local Verizon store. I am betting the lines will be less there. (I am nothing if not optimistic!):)

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't care about the color it will be covered up most of the time anyway. As long as I get my hands on the 32 gig 3G AT&T

chriseo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
best buy in my area had no details yet, verizon rep was going on a conference call regarding tomorrow and is going to call me right back. At least I'm lucky enough to be in the metropolis we call jersey with a store on every block. Give a shout out line report from your local tomorrow :)

KekszNET

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I won't buy it.
Not that big change at all if you totally ignore the camera and a +1 hour battery time.
From my point of view.

OP
C

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I won't buy it.
Not that big change at all if you totally ignore the camera and a +1 hour battery time.
From my point of view.

Well you would agree to buy it for 1st time purchasers like me, right?

As for you to upgrade, go to an Apple store tomorrow night with your Ipad and try out the Ipad 2. If you can walk away from the store then the Ipad 2 is not for you. Otherwise, congratulations on your purchase. :D

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ill be ordering mines from apple.com at 4am if this is good info from pcworld.

A day before the iPad 2's launch, Apple has announced online order details for its latest tablet.
Customers who want to order the iPad 2 from Apple's website can do so starting at 1 a.m. Pacific (4 p.m. Eastern) on Friday, March 11.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ill be ordering mines from apple.com at 4am if this is good info from pcworld.

A day before the iPad 2's launch, Apple has announced online order details for its latest tablet.
Customers who want to order the iPad 2 from Apple's website can do so starting at 1 a.m. Pacific (4 p.m. Eastern) on Friday, March 11.

Info is good. Engadget has the same and posted the press release from Apple announcing the time.

Lynette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will order from apple store on- line at 3 am. I live in a rural area. 1 1/2 hours to the nearest best buy or apple store. We have wal mart but I doubt they will have any. They never did get iPhone 4g's. Gas is to high to drive that far.

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I called our local AT&T store; they won't have any but said they could order one. So can I, and probably get it faster. Stopped by the local WallyWorld - heck, their people thought the iPad2 was available March 2 and had not a clue whether they would have any March 11. The closest Apple Store is about 200 miles away, so, going to be the online Apple Store in the wee hours of the morning.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lynette said:
I will order from apple store on- line at 3 am. I live in a rural area. 1 1/2 hours to the nearest best buy or apple store. We have wal mart but I doubt they will have any. They never did get iPhone 4g's. Gas is to high to drive that far.

3am is a little early....they changed it to 1am pst 4am est

Most reactions

Latest posts