What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will you buy your Ipad 2 and why...

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lynette said:
I will order from apple store on- line at 3 am. I live in a rural area. 1 1/2 hours to the nearest best buy or apple store. We have wal mart but I doubt they will have any. They never did get iPhone 4g's. Gas is to high to drive that far.

3am is a little early....they changed it to 1am pst 4am est

Maybe she's in the Central time zone, where it would go on sale at 3 am.

1am PST
2am Mountain
3am Central
4am EST

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dmaul1114 said:
Maybe she's in the Central time zone, where it would go on sale at 3 am.

1am PST
2am Mountain
3am Central
4am EST

Ahhh maybe your right didn't think of that

ChileRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably the Apple Store . . .
'cause I also NEED an AppleTV and AirPort Extreme . . . .
. . . . and maybe a phone upgrade for the wife!
Thats a lotta miles . . .

ThatIpadGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was going to drive an hour and half away to an Apple store because all my local stores didn't know if they were getting any. But I went to my Best Buy tonight and they know they are getting some tomorrow at 5, but even though they don't know how much I'm still going to take that risk.

Crow331

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm fading fast ... LOL ... don't think I can make 1 am. Is there any reason to think this thing will be sold out online by the time I get up?? If so, then I guess I will stay awake! I don't want to deal with crowds and would like to order this online.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just placed my online order for 32 GB Wifi model in black. Hope it comes a bit faster than the delivery estimate of March 18-25th. 3-5 day shipping was the only option.

Smart cover listed as delivering March 15-18.

kaspia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered it from Apple.com mainly because I love how they package their products. Plus I don't want to stand in crazy long line.
The estimate delivery time is longer than I thought.
If I happened to find it at a store this weekend then I can always cancel the online order. ;)

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here, ordered online as soon as I could. Hate the long delivery time, but I have only one store nearby to try to pick one up. I also will attempt to see if they have any, and cancel my Apple online order if they do. But that one store is Walmart, and last night when I called, they had no idea what I was talking about! :)

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ordered from Apple this morning and I didn't have to stand in line.

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aafes

I was almost set on buying it at a store on launch day, but it looks like I'll end up buying it through aafes online. I cant say no to a tax free purchase of a ipad 2

I could ordered from aafes also but I spoke to the local aafes. And they said if they get the new iPad. It would probably be dometime much later in the year like may or October I need it now. Can't wait.

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bestbuy

Same here, ordered online as soon as I could. Hate the long delivery time, but I have only one store nearby to try to pick one up. I also will attempt to see if they have any, and cancel my Apple online order if they do. But that one store is Walmart, and last night when I called, they had no idea what I was talking about! :)

I ordered online this morning also. If I find one this weekend at bestbuy I'll get it. 32 gig 3G white AT&T

bored2426

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted to order from Apple this morning but the 3-5 days to ship deterred me.
I am going to stand in line somewhere. Apple store if it isn't too long or Best Buy.
Best Buy told me that they would be handing out tickets at 4:00 and selling at 5:00.
If I go to the Apple store I don't have to stand outside in the rain but the lines will likely be longer.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would have done the line thing probably if I didn't have to work. But alas I have a late afternoon meeting so no way I could get to any store before 6pm or so.

Also, I think it could be tough to get the specific version and color you want if you don't get in line very early, and I wouldn't be willing to wait more than an hour or two anyway.

iPad 1 launch wasn't a problem getting one even after the lines around here, but of course there were only 3 models out then (the 3 wifi ones--3G launched later). Where as this time there are 18 different models available--6 wifi (3 storage levels each in black and white), 6 Verizon 3g and 6 AT&T 3G. So if you're picky on what model you want, stock could be a problem for some since the inventory will be split across a ton of different models.

Most reactions

Latest posts