What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will you buy your Ipad 2 and why...

elgerber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting mine at Target, since I work there. Get my 10% off, and luckily I am off Friday so I will be able to play with right away.

I wonder if you can combine your employee discount of 10% with the additional discount of 5% if you open up a credit card? That would be awesome to get a 15% discount on a newly released hot item.

My mom works at Target and she says she gets the 10% and the 5% using her Debit card.

OP
C

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting mine at Target, since I work there. Get my 10% off, and luckily I am off Friday so I will be able to play with right away.

I wonder if you can combine your employee discount of 10% with the additional discount of 5% if you open up a credit card? That would be awesome to get a 15% discount on a newly released hot item.

My mom works at Target and she says she gets the 10% and the 5% using her Debit card.

Nice! You can't beat $75 off of a newly released item!

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought apple said 3am California time. Which is 12am eastern

It's 12:01am pacific time, which is 3:01am on the east coast. As noted above, 3am PST would be 6 am on the east coast.

Last edited:

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Best buy......employee discount. 5% below cost baby. Whoooooohooooooo

So you guys selling at 5p or what? Y'all have any idea of the kinda shipment best buys are getting?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
accordlayingkit said:
So you guys selling at 5p or what? Y'all have any idea of the kinda shipment best buys are getting?

Yup at 5pm. SKUs are actually marked up to $10,000 so stores will not sell early. Shipments varybupon store/location.

Ipad2Woman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best Buy is my first choice, but there is Walmart, Target and Sam's Club all in the same mall where I will be, so I will be calling them throughout the day because I will be at the mall by 9 am.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Best buy has the best warranty for iPads around.

If you buy them at the apple store and get apple care, it covers everything but god, water, and gravity. Bb covers EVERYTHING.

chiffchaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just sold mine yesterday and planned to buy online, but the withdrawal symptoms are already setting in. Would really like to get my hands on the new one Friday instead of next Tuesday or whenever an online order would arrive. I have a local WalMart but they have no idea if they will have any on hand (I called today). All other retail options are 3 hours away.

If anyone hears more about WalMart having them Friday, I'd love to know. Otherwise I'm debating treating myself to a day in the city!

Edit: never mind. I saw a lots of reports that WalMart is saying "no idea" or "not tomorrow" in other threads. So they are not an option Friday. Hmm, what else do I need in the big city to justify a trip - or do i just want to go to an Apple store on launch day for the cultural and social experience?? (having always ordered online before)

Last edited:

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
chiffchaff said:
I just sold mine yesterday and planned to buy online, but the withdrawal symptoms are already setting in. Would really like to get my hands on the new one Friday instead of next Tuesday or whenever an online order would arrive. I have a local WalMart but they have no idea if they will have any on hand (I called today). All other retail options are 3 hours away.

If anyone hears more about WalMart having them Friday, I'd love to know. Otherwise I'm debating treating myself to a day in the city!

Edit: never mind. I saw a lots of reports that WalMart is saying "no idea" or "not tomorrow" in other threads. So they are not an option Friday. Hmm, what else do I need in the big city to justify a trip - or do i just want to go to an Apple store on launch day for the cultural and social experience?? (having always ordered online before)

Two words: best buy

Ashenor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 16g wifi one now. I want a white wifi one still not sure if I want the 16 or 32g one. I just seen you can order them at 3am est tomorrow night. I would rather buy it at best buy for the rewards points, but sounds like they may have limited white ones. Think there will be a long line still if you paid online and go to pick up at 5 at the apple store?

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two words: best buy

Sounds like he/she doesn't have a Best Buy nearby given the post said that other than Wal-mart "all other retail options are 3 hours away."

If he/she is going that far, might as well go to an Apple store since they'll have the most stock and best chance of getting the specific model he/she is after.

Most reactions

Latest posts