What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will you buy your Ipad 2 and why...

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am buying my Ipad2 at Best buy because you can get it interest free for 18 months by getting their credit card. That comes to about 30 bucks a month (tax included)! You can't go wrong with that.

Target would be my next best choice, if you have cash, because they will give you a 5% cash-back if you use their credit card. So you would buy the Ipad2 with their credit card then pay it off at the end of the month.

The Apple store gives you free engraving and free shipping. But, if you engrave it, it will kill the resale value. Free shipping is great if you live in farm country.

Online would be good because you will save on tax.

Any other ideas?

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am buying my Ipad2 at Best buy because you can get it interest free for 18 months by getting their credit card. That comes to about 30 bucks a month (tax included)! You can't go wrong with that.

Target would be my next best choice, if you have cash, because they will give you a 5% cash-back if you use their credit card. So you would buy the Ipad2 with their credit card then pay it off at the end of the month.

The Apple store gives you free engraving and free shipping. But, if you engrave it, it will kill the resale value. Free shipping is great if you live in farm country.

Any other ideas?

I plan to order online. No Apple store close to me.

pennicat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll only save on Tax if there is no Apple store in your state.

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best Buy. 18 months no interest (which I'll be paying off in two months) and rewards points. I use them to get free Blu-Ray movies. :)

Broseph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably an apple store--just because i read an article saying that there will probably more of the white models sold there (as opposed to bestbuy or walmart)

It really doesn't matter much where you get it, as long as you get the item you want

tweeter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best Buy will be my last option....as always. Our Best Buy has a rating of 1.4 out of 5, and there's a reason for that. Lordie how I miss Circuit City.

rebelbaserec

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best Buy. $100 gift card I saved from Christmas for this exact reason and $60 in reward zone coops plus 18 months w/no interest.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably apple.com since i can order at 3 am est and don't have to worry about running around looking for a white one which I read may be harder to find unless u go to apple store

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm planning on ordering online from Apple. I have to work Friday and don't feel like dealing with lines, crowds and limited stock anyway.

I'll set my alarm and get up and order at 3:01am EST tomorrow and be done with it.

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Any other ideas?

You cannot buy the iPad 2 online at bestbuy, according to their FAQ page... Said available store only...

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will hit up all 5 (7 need be) WALMARTS AFTER WORK @11 to find my white 16 gb + 3g AT&T:D

OP
C

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Any other ideas?

You cannot buy the iPad 2 online at bestbuy, according to their FAQ page... Said available store only...

I didn't say to buy it online from bestbuy.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never seen Best Buy do in store pick up as an option for any launch item like a game console or iPad etc., so I'd be very surprised if they did this time as well.

You'll just have to try your luck there just like at Apple or Target etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts