What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will you buy your Ipad 2 and why...

leena

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of opening a credit card for a discount/interest free time periods. I can get a discount if I order it online from Apple and just wait for it to arrive. We have 5 (?) Apple stores within a 30-40 mile radius, the closest one being about 10 miles away beyond the countless Targets and Best Buys. I'm contemplating going shopping Saturday afternoon to see if I can find the model I want or if I'll just order it early friday morning.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leena said:
I don't like the idea of opening a credit card for a discount/interest free time periods. I can get a discount if I order it online from Apple and just wait for it to arrive. We have 5 (?) Apple stores within a 30-40 mile radius, the closest one being about 10 miles away beyond the countless Targets and Best Buys. I'm contemplating going shopping Saturday afternoon to see if I can find the model I want or if I'll just order it early friday morning.

You it would jus suck to be able to order at 3am est (in my case) and order exactly what I want rather than waiting 14 hours later to be in lines like it's black Friday or something! Lol

melsnel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about WalMart? I called my Apple store and was told that WalMart will have them also. I should probably call my local Walmart to confirm that. My nearest Apple store is about 35 minutes away and in a really busy traffic area. Won't be any fun driving through there at 5:00!

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
Yeah, I'll probably order online also. I sold my Ipad on Ebay and, am missing it already but, it's better for me to order online. I really wanted to get it at a store on launch day but, the more I think about it, I don't want to deal with the crowds.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
melsnel said:
What about WalMart? I called my Apple store and was told that WalMart will have them also. I should probably call my local Walmart to confirm that. My nearest Apple store is about 35 minutes away and in a really busy traffic area. Won't be any fun driving through there at 5:00!

Called Walmart too....problem is they act like they don't know or u can't get a real answer from them

inaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im getting mine at Fry's.. returned my month old ipad and they did not even charged me for their restocking fee. just dont know when they will hit at the store.

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking apple.com eastern time at midnight. But I want my reward points. So I may drive to bb after work and look at line if yo long then I'll just order online with bb

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
accordlayingkit said:
You it would jus suck to be able to order at 3am est (in my case) and order exactly what I want rather than waiting 14 hours later to be in lines like it's black Friday or something! Lol[/QUOT

I thought apple said 3am California time. Which is 12am eastern

Trav29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
accordlayingkit said:
You it would jus suck to be able to order at 3am est (in my case) and order exactly what I want rather than waiting 14 hours later to be in lines like it's black Friday or something! Lol[/QUOT

I thought apple said 3am California time. Which is 12am eastern
3 AM California time would be 6 AM Est.

k1rs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking apple.com just because its hard for me to get out and about in my wheelchair!!

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting mine at Target, since I work there. Get my 10% off, and luckily I am off Friday so I will be able to play with right away.

leena

iPF Noob
Reaction score
melsnel said:

Called Walmart too....problem is they act like they don't know or u can't get a real answer from them

We only have 1 walmart in the area and it is not a very nice place to be :) Although I read online that one best buy reported that they will have 3 of each model available. Even despite our Apple store availability, I'm not confident the one I want would be there. I also read online that Apple stores do not accept apple.com returns, I was thinking of ordering from apple.com and seeing what I could find in the store/return if necessary to Apple store. Oh well.

OP
C

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting mine at Target, since I work there. Get my 10% off, and luckily I am off Friday so I will be able to play with right away.

I wonder if you can combine your employee discount of 10% with the additional discount of 5% if you open up a credit card? That would be awesome to get a 15% discount on a newly released hot item.

epoche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordering from Apple

Order from Apple March 11 12:01 PCT. I'm in Mountain Time that puts me ordering a Black 16GB Wi Fi at 1:01.

I gave my 64 GB Wi Fi iPad 1 to my daughter recently, and since I have a top end recent MacBook Air (4GB RAM, 256 Flash HD) I don't think I'll need much HD space on iPad 2.

Most reactions

Latest posts