What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector- necessary?

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been 2 weeks now - since I installed the Zag. All but one tiny bubble disappeared - and I was able to rub that out. I also received my Colcasac - and I'm very comfortable with using the iPad alone and then putting it in the Colcasac when I leave the house - seems, at least to me, as the most comfortable blend.

Gazelle2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had just the opposite result as that of KILLERkpd. I have installed the Zagg screen protector on my two best Sony digital cameras and the installation went without a hitch. For that reason, I spent the $29.99 that Best Buy was asking for the Zagg front cover at the same time that I bought the iPad 64/WiFi/3G for my wife. This time, however, even though I was being as careful as possible, I wound up with a ton of bubbles even after using the squeegee as much as I thought was safe. I am very sure these bubbles will not work themselves out in my lifetime much less in two or three days. I am contemplating pulling the Zagg off and just forgetting about the whole thing. Any suggestions?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Give the Zagg a couple of days and you might be surprised! The biggest issue I had when putting it on my iPad is that there is a speck of dust trapped under the shield. Its not very big, but I know its there!

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I have the ZAGG one on my iPod Touch, and may end up with one on my iPad, however, having just ordered the Otterbox Commuter, I will be giving that one a try first.

With the ZAGG (or any other decently made protector) you can really go worry free in regards to the screen. It is driving me nuts I have had my iPad for just short of a week with no screen protector.

It is really personal preference.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My take: I bought my iPhone 3G used with a lot of small scratches. It also had two big scratches you could notice with the phone on. I work outside in the dust (middle of nowhere) and with that plus my pocket I knew I would need one so to best buy I went an bought two on sale for $30. After 6 months I have small scratches on my screen protector! However the screen protector "filled in" the two large scratches.

For my iPad I got the 16gb 3G. I'm not going to put a screen protector on it until I get a scratch I can see with the screen on. I want to test it out. When the next iPad comes out I'll get the most memory an 3G (4G maybe??) with an otterbox an screen protector.

I would like to get a zagg leather back sheild though

jaybrass73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad for three weeks now and I put a screen protector onto it yesterday, it got scratched today! Now, would whatever scratched the screen protector have scratched the screen given that they are supposed to be extremely hard wearing, I don't know - I'm just glad I didn't find out!

HST

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg invisishield

Yes, the bubbles will disappear in a day or so, at least they did on my iTouch. I love the Zagg shield and had it installed by Best Buy when I bought my iPad. They have an installation kit with tools you don't get---I walked out with only 2 little bubbles near the edge that were gone the next morning. I will never install it myself again. It is worth the installation cost!

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My screen protector has a scratch in it. Better ghat cheap piece of plastic than my non-replaceable glass screen.
I also got protectors that are antireflective and like not having to fight the glare when in direct light. I don't even notice that it is there now.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had just the opposite result as that of KILLERkpd. I have installed the Zagg screen protector on my two best Sony digital cameras and the installation went without a hitch. For that reason, I spent the $29.99 that Best Buy was asking for the Zagg front cover at the same time that I bought the iPad 64/WiFi/3G for my wife. This time, however, even though I was being as careful as possible, I wound up with a ton of bubbles even after using the squeegee as much as I thought was safe. I am very sure these bubbles will not work themselves out in my lifetime much less in two or three days. I am contemplating pulling the Zagg off and just forgetting about the whole thing. Any suggestions?

Wait a week!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the Switcheasy Nude hard case, and it came with an anti-static screen guard so I applied it - went on like a charm, had to try a few times but managed to get all the bubbles out.

For me it's a bit like insurance: I have no doubt there are very few things which can scratch or abrade the device's original screen, but since I already have an screen protector I might as well use it.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I removed my screen protector two weeks ago because of a few bubbles,plus looking at my wifes with no screen protector it looked so much better without one.But five days ago I read a post where one member said he was using a Moshi i Visor and they were so easy to put on,well I bought a pair of them and they arrived in the mail today,and boy they are everything they said they would be,went on in seconds with no bubbles,dust or hair from the dogs. What I like about them is they are not sticky, they are anti glare, and they are designed to even cover the black border/frame of the ipad. If you do not like the bubbles then try these, you wont be dis-appointed.

Al.:)

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My screen protector has a scratch in it. Better ghat cheap piece of plastic than my non-replaceable glass screen.
I also got protectors that are antireflective and like not having to fight the glare when in direct light. I don't even notice that it is there now.

Love that Welsh Proverb. Where did you find it.?:)

Gazelle2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I removed my screen protector two weeks ago because of a few bubbles,plus looking at my wifes with no screen protector it looked so much better without one.But five days ago I read a post where one member said he was using a Moshi i Visor and they were so easy to put on,well I bought a pair of them and they arrived in the mail today,and boy they are everything they said they would be,went on in seconds with no bubbles,dust or hair from the dogs. What I like about them is they are not sticky, they are anti glare, and they are designed to even cover the black border/frame of the ipad. If you do not like the bubbles then try these, you wont be dis-appointed.

Al, do you know the difference between the iVisor AG and the iVisor XT? Which one do you have?

I am going to pull the Zagg bubble magnet off my wife's new iPad tomorrow and see if I can get my $29.99 back from Best Buy where I bought it a less than a week ago.

Thanks, Al.
Gazelle2

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love that Welsh Proverb. Where did you find it.?:)

Not sure where I got that one, Al. I had a large collection of ethnic proverbs and similar sayings but that was several hard drives ago. This one is short enough that is easy to remember.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Al, do you know the difference between the iVisor AG and the iVisor XT? Which one do you have?

I am going to pull the Zagg bubble magnet off my wife's new iPad tomorrow and see if I can get my $29.99 back from Best Buy where I bought it a less than a week ago.

Thanks, Al.
Gazelle2

Not sure what the differences are, I have the AG Anti Glare and I give it a big thumbs up. I suggest you go to Moshi website and see if says anything in the specs. I shopped around for the best price as they had prices from $30,$35, some had free shipping, however I went to Amazon and they had them for $30 dollars however they had none in stock, but one of their seven sellers had them for listed at $22. with $5.00 shipping so I ordered from them through Amazon,took three days in the mail from Arizona.

Al.

Most reactions

Latest posts