What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector- necessary?

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Al, do you know the difference between the iVisor AG and the iVisor XT? Which one do you have?

I am going to pull the Zagg bubble magnet off my wife's new iPad tomorrow and see if I can get my $29.99 back from Best Buy where I bought it a less than a week ago.

Thanks, Al.
Gazelle2

The XT is a crystal clear protector while the AG is the anti-glare, matte version. I went with the AG version more for the anti-smudge properties and I couldn't be happier. Once you see how easy it is to put the iVisor on you will wonder why anybody messes with anything else. When they say no bubbles guaranteed they mean it. I wish they had a version for the Ipod Touch.

-Dave

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Al, do you know the difference between the iVisor AG and the iVisor XT? Which one do you have?

I am going to pull the Zagg bubble magnet off my wife's new iPad tomorrow and see if I can get my $29.99 back from Best Buy where I bought it a less than a week ago.

Thanks, Al.
Gazelle2

The XT is a crystal clear protector while the AG is the anti-glare, matte version. I went with the AG version more for the anti-smudge properties and I couldn't be happier. Once you see how easy it is to put the iVisor on you will wonder why anybody messes with anything else. When they say no bubbles guaranteed they mean it. I wish they had a version for the Ipod Touch.

-Dave

Dave it was your previous post on the Moshi that led me to check them out and buy them,many thanks for providing the info on them a few days ago.

Al

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I got my Otterbox Commuter this week and love it. It took me a few to get the Otterbox screen protector on, but I now feel better with it there.

Is is better than Zagg, no. I like the Zagg better, especially in the application phase. However it is good enough and does not seem too "sticky" for normal use. At this point, if I need to replace the screen protector, I will get the Zagg.

I think screen protectors are a personal choice. I was nuts without one, now I feel I can use it without having to be overly careful. My biggest phobia is getting a piece of sand or dirt or something under my finger and scratching the screen.

The Zagg protector has lasted 3 years on my iPod Touch and has been flawless.

OzzieB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure what the differences are, I have the AG Anti Glare and I give it a big thumbs up. I suggest you go to Moshi website and see if says anything in the specs. I shopped around for the best price as they had prices from $30,$35, some had free shipping, however I went to Amazon and they had them for $30 dollars however they had none in stock, but one of their seven sellers had them for listed at $22. with $5.00 shipping so I ordered from them through Amazon,took three days in the mail from Arizona.

Al.

The Amazon seller Al is talking about is Tech Gone Wild for $22.01 and $4.99 standard shipping, but I just bought the last one (sorry :D). All the featured sellers have it listed as in-stock for $29.95 with free standard shipping.

Here is Tech Gone Wild's storefront - http //www amazon com/shops/A3E552KDK97WD0 - if you really wanna save the $3.00, check it periodically to see when it's back in stock. Unfortunately I can't post full links until I've posted at least 3 times, so you'll have to fill in the rest of the link on your own :) . .)

Last edited:

mobi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I skipped the screen protector on the iPad:

1. my naked iPhone 3g has been great for 1.5 yrs
2. nothing beats the bare glass, it works great!

I did pick up a recommended cleaning kit by Shaggymac.

If you do go the screen protector route, read peoples reviews as the quality differs greatly.

Gazelle2

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks, Al.
Gazelle2

-Dave

Thanks, Dave. You too, Al.

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used a $5 screen potector works great just a few bubbles like 3 I cant get out but nothing big, hope yours come out, mine so far wont move.

Most reactions

Latest posts