What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are zagg screen protectors scratch-proof?

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am currently using a Steinheil screen protector on my ipad 2 and yesterday it got some scratch marks on it when I was playing a game with my Flick joystick.

At first I thought my screen got scratched, but it turned out to be the screen protector that got scratched.

Now I'm looking for a new screen protector that is completely scratch proof and I always see people recommend zagg brand. Are they scratch proof? If not, is there one that is?

rskap67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Ghost Armour. They are usually located across from Apple stores at most malls. It is great. Covers the entire Ipad. Alittle costly. about 53 bucks for an entire cover but well worth it in my eyes. Have it on my Ipad2 and wifes Ipad. Check it out.

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've always had good luck with zagg. I've used their shields on all my devices for years without any scratches.

Phatboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While Zagg is good for protecting the rear of the ipad, I personally hate the feel of Zagg for the screen. It has that orange peel look and doesn't feel smooth.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Phatboy said:
While Zagg is good for protecting the rear of the ipad, I personally hate the feel of Zagg for the screen. It has that orange peel look and doesn't feel smooth.

Great on the back to protect it and to make it less slick.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GAMESHARQ said:
I'm looking for a new screen protector that is completely scratch proof and I always see people recommend zagg brand. Are they scratch proof? If not, is there one that is?

Zagg markets their screen protectors as military-grade and they can withstand some pretty rough treatment, but completely scratch-proof is a pretty tall order. On the other hand, they do offer a lifetime replacement guarantee on their InvisibleShield screens. (I have used Zagg and invoked their warranty once, and they were happy to oblige.)

eikozai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg markets their screen protectors as military-grade and they can withstand some pretty rough treatment, but completely scratch-proof is a pretty tall order. On the other hand, they do offer a lifetime replacement guarantee on their InvisibleShield screens. (I have used Zagg and invoked their warranty once, and they were happy to oblige.)
I'm from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Well, I'm using Zagg and extremely happy with it. Yes it was scratch proof until my niece used some sort of sharp toy and accidentally scratched it. I went back to the shop i purchased from, and the workers there said there's no such thing for screen protector warranty, only Apple screen(my iPad2 screen is not scratched at all). I need advice to where should i lounge my report for the claim?

georgeacosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally like Amazon's ArmorSuit protectors just because they don't have that orange peel affect. How's the Zagg compared to the ArmorSuit's?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
I'm from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Well, I'm using Zagg and extremely happy with it. Yes it was scratch proof until my niece used some sort of sharp toy and accidentally scratched it. I went back to the shop i purchased from, and the workers there said there's no such thing for screen protector warranty, only Apple screen(my iPad2 screen is not scratched at all). I need advice to where should i lounge my report for the claim?

Www.zag.com

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have the zagg on my iPad, but do on my phone and I can say that it does protect from scratches. It fell from a disney dumbo ride that I was stepping off of when it happened last year and fortunately the screen was fine, but the sides sure did get banged up some.

georgeacosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@skimonkey

Hrmm certain ArmorSuit protectors have side pieces so I was leaning towards getting another one for my other devices. I heard zaggs have an orangish effect? is this true? I haven't had these problems with my current protector. Hope your claim goes well @eikozai

georgeacosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Crissy

Are those products good? I've heard about orangish effects on the zagg and haven't heard about the ggmm or thery. ArmorSuit's thus far has been extremely solid and doesn't have any orange effect. They've been going on strong on my device. Please let me know if anyone has any comparisons!

Most reactions

Latest posts