1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Matte screen protectors?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by LDL, Aug 22, 2010.

1. LDL

LDL iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can anyone recommend a good matte screen protector? I'm thinking of buying the one that DecalGirl.com sells with their skins.
  2. appsmonkey

appsmonkey iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You should try the Moshi iVisor. It's made of stiff plastic, so you'll never deal with any bubbles, and it's completely removable and washable. It also doesn't leave a residue behind on your screen and swiping/gesturing is very smooth. I think this screen protector is a step above the rest.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  3. lightspeed

lightspeed iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's often no need to spend more than $20 or so on a good anti-glare or matte screen protector. Problem is finding a good brand for that price :D

Also, watch out for cheap matte screen protectors, they'll degrade the image quality, sometimes causing blurriness and reduced brightness.
  4. tzimisce

tzimisce iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I use the one from Brando, and I love it - no complaints whatsoever. Plus I managed to get it with a discount and free shipping from a vendor using a coupon code.
  5. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    from what I've seen, appsmonkey speaks the truth.

Yes it's $10 more, but from everything I've seen, you'll have 1/1000th of the issues you would using any normal screen protector.

The more I post, the more I really just need to order this. Why does it have to be Sunday?

edit: whoa - I just relized that this thread was pulled back from the dead multiple times now... oops :)
  6. lightspeed

lightspeed iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My brand has just released the new range of Matte/Anti-Glare screen protectors and we've now got one for the iPad. The price is a bit lower than most @ £11.95 GBP (or approx $19.00 USD). PM me if interested as I don't want to spam.