What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPAD 5 in near future!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely agree with you re. your 3rd gen, while I was thinking about upgrading to the 3rd the 4th was slipped under the table
with nary a mention... they called it the 'iPad With Retina' and only in the specs could you see the difference.
I like what I'm seeing about the 5th gen and have no qualms about staying with iPads vs all the others even with the sometimes
quirky problems with the iOS especially with os6+; really wished I had stayed with 5.2!

Good day to you though I doubt you'll see this considering how old this thread is!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely agree with you re. your 3rd gen, while I was thinking about upgrading to the 3rd the 4th was slipped under the table
with nary a mention... they called it the 'iPad With Retina' and only in the specs could you see the difference.
I like what I'm seeing about the 5th gen and have no qualms about staying with iPads vs all the others even with the sometimes
quirky problems with the iOS especially with os6+; really wished I had stayed with 5.2!

Good day to you though I doubt you'll see this considering how old this thread is!

Well it's been a while Chris and certainly brings back memories But that makes your post no less interesting as we compare what the iPad has now. We had no idea then that you would get one with 128 gig as you can now. But they are still not calling it 5th generation (unless you include the mini). And now everyone is waiting to see what and when the next one will be like. And what they will call it? I'm "still" on my "3" and enjoying it very much with no urge to change. Who was it said "we live in interesting times"?
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well it's been a while Chris and certainly brings back memoriesdde1d But that makes your post no less interesting as we compare what the iPad has now. We had no idea then that you would get one with 128 gig as you can now. But they are still not calling it 5th generation (unless you include the mini). And now everyone is waiting to see what and when the next one will be like. And what they will call it? I'm "still" on my "3" and enjoying it very much with no urge to change. Who was it said "we live in interesting times"?dde03
Regards, Andrewddc28

There is a saying that is, I believe, thought to be an old Chinese curse - May you live in interesting times. I am not sure how true that (the Chinese curse part) is . . .

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a saying that is, I believe, thought to be an old Chinese curse - May you live in interesting times. I am not sure how true that (the Chinese curse part) is . . .
You're right, I didn't know that. I thought it was something that came out of Hollywod:D. I looked up Wikipedia and it seems that it is one of a series of three Chines curses. The others are "May you come to the attention of those in authority" and "May you find what you are looking for" (or "May your wishes be granted") Other than the "authority" one I can't see how the other two can be curses, especially if you are wishing for a new iPad.:)

ljmart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i read the home button may have finger print option so perhaps it will just be a touch button vs a click button?? anyway, WOOOOOOHOOO, i can hardly stand the anticipation... right around the corner!! hear september release! yiiippieee

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anticipation!!

i read the home button may have finger print option so perhaps it will just be a touch button vs a click button?? anyway, WOOOOOOHOOO, i can hardly stand the anticipation... right around the corner!! hear september release! yiiippieee

~Can't wait either.. My 2's been misbehaving but regardless it will still be used even if only as a glorified photo album!
Even though I know Apple Moderator Edit: inappropriate content deleted. Please take care in the framing of your posts on this forum I do believe that the 5 will be worth the step up.
All the great features of the 4 + iOS 7 under the new helm which seems to be well thought of.
~Finger print option, hadn't heard that but pretty cool!

Last edited by a moderator:

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just because a train stops at your station that is all new and shiny that does not mean you have to hop on it. One can wait for the next one. In this day and age technology is moving faster than ever before so it is a case of buying what fits your needs and holding on to that product as long as it serves to be useful to you. Yes the next generation iPad will be released most likely next March with more bells and whistles than the iPad 4 that's the way technology is........and that has been the case since the first computers were available.

Yes. This. My trusty iPad 2 is still kicking along but at some point here ill end up making a purchase. Honestly, when the newest model comes out that means prices on the previous model will drop and those suddenly become a great buy. I could just find me a refurbed 4th gen model and be good with that! Or, keep using the 2nd gen until it truly becomes unusable. I'm so glad I don't have upgradeitis with these things. ;)

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rest assured Sir I can't afford to have "upgradeitis" and it will be
an expense that affects me greatly but as I am now addicted to
my pad and use it for everything I must progress up the pad tree per se!
I love my iPad 2 but a tad less than when the OS was @ 5.2 but I've learned
to adapt as there's no going back. I most certainly will load up the new OS 7
software when it becomes available and run with it but as I've said my
current pad is behaving badly and at Apples direction I did a full wipe &
restore to fix two issues but to no avail. I will continue my quest but as yet
no forums or chats have answered the question "what's up with the onscreen
keyboard since iOS 6?"
Though I have two Bluetooth keyboards I still prefer the onscreen one for
almost all my dealings including my selling on EB & Mama A.
Does anybody have any ideas re miss-strikes,(or miss reads to be precise) or added
letters such as z or a I'm open to suggestions. There's been no damage to my
pad and its been babied since day one. Cache & cookies cleared, 10,000 reboots,
all running apps cleared from lower board, etc. I've tried them all!
----------------
~Oh yes, we have almost exactly the same pad except mine has 3G; haven't used in a
long while though. If I get the new one it'll only be wifi.
----------------
Well, Thanks, It was really nice to hear from somebody!

ljmart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. This. My trusty iPad 2 is still kicking along but at some point here ill end up making a purchase. Honestly, when the newest model comes out that means prices on the previous model will drop and those suddenly become a great buy. I could just find me a refurbed 4th gen model and be good with that! Or, keep using the 2nd gen until it truly becomes unusable. I'm so glad I don't have upgradeitis with these things. ;)

i agree with you hence replying on my ipad2! but with that said, the huge differences now between the soon new 5 and my old 2, upgraditis is hitting hard! since i use my ipad pretty much exclusively, it makes sense to me to do an upgrade because of a much bigger leap from 2 to 5... previously not enough differences to even make me think twice. but now... its time... im ready... come on apple, bring it!!!

kristalsoldier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would you consider the difference between the iPad 4 and the 5 to be significant given the alleged differences in weight and thickness (and may be in terms of processing and graphics power)?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any ideas re miss-strikes,(or miss reads to be precise) or added
letters such as z or a I'm open to suggestions. There's been no damage to my
pad and its been babied since day one. Cache & cookies cleared, 10,000 reboots,
all running apps cleared from lower board, etc. I've tried them all!
----------------
That happens to me a lot when not paying attention or trying to type too fast. I find I need to peck at the keys carefully aiming with one finger keeping the other fingers/knuckles out of the way, otherwise all kinds of unwanted letters appear. But if when striking the right key you still see such misreads, after all those reboots, you may well have a physical problem with the touch screen.
Andrew

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rest assured ?...........
........Though I have two Bluetooth keyboards I still prefer the onscreen one for
almost all my dealings including my selling on EB & Mama A.
letters such as z or a I'm open to suggestions. .............
----------------
Well, Thanks, It was really nice to hear from somebody!

I too get spelling mistakes if I type too quickly. However, like you, I sometimes get a spate of wrong letters appearing on screen even though I know I have typed accurately - using the onscreen keyboard.

I use the Apple keyboard dock on occasion. This keyboard is fabulous. I don't have any experience with the Bluetooth keyboards.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
~I rarely if ever use my fingers and stylus's are the order of the day. I fry them at an incredible rate and hunt and peck at a fairly
quick rate. I can't positively attest to the fact that all or some are not miss hits with my vicious screen approach. Insofar as getting
ahead of the pad, this has occurred; I'll hit a speed volley than a second or two later I'll hear a little clicking and the word will pop up.
I will most certainly will try the slower approach but when commenting on a blog or something I volley as fast as I'm thinking so
basically the pad and I are at sorts!
I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I have 2 Bluetooth keyboards but resisting using them, eventually they always end up in the
drawer. I will try slowing down.
-------
You haven't had any problems with Spotlight Search since iOS 6 have you? Seems like I enter 1 letter in she locks, doesn't let me go
anywhere then finally releases sometimes filling the page with offerings. Never really used much prior to 6 but I do remember how well it worked then. Zdo <see the z; think I slid off on the d? Z & A seem to be prevalent on the miss hits.
Any way, Thanks for what you offered; let me know on the Spotlight Search problems if you know. PSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts