What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPAD 5 in near future!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the 4th generation shockingly launched yesterday, can we see an updated version sometime in March 2013 iPad 5? The product cycle has shortened to 6 months now, Wow! And I feel little disappointed that my shiny 3rd Gen iPad shines a little less now :D ! To add to the misery, it has disappeared from Apple's website also! Nevertheless I still love my iPad 3. It has served me great till date, no complaints, no regrets!

BTW what improvements you would like to see in iPad 5. For me, more storage would be an asset!

Gosh! I need to change my signature as well! My iPad is no more the new one!

Last edited:

wayneljw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be honest, I would think that Apple should not have released the retina iPad with A5X. In other words this iPad 4th is the true mature "new iPad" in my point of view.
We don't know if iPad 5th Gen will be released next March, but we can expect these changes:
* 8M-pixel iSight Camera
* Thinner and lighter body (and still be able to use for 10 hours for general usage)
* drive space upgrade: 32/64/128
* maybe better front camera like those built in iPhone 5

I don't expect to see any memory improvement, though. 1G should be enough. (so they can release 1.5G or 2G in Fall 2013 or Spring 2014)

OP
W

waah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a question about the resolution of the screen of the new iPad! Can the resolution be increased any more? Since "Apple" say the resolution of the new iPad is so great that human eyes cannot distinguish between pixels! That means there is no point in increasing the resolution ;)

Last edited:

Tudor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just think Apple want to align cycles of the iPad and iPhone. They can then align to iOS updates with these. Makes sense?

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 10 will be out by 4th of July 2013 featuring iHologram technology and 20G of RAM.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Edge to edge display would be nice to see, less than 1mm bezel at max, camera built into photo sensitive cells in the middle of the screen that moves depending on your eye movement following the person your face timing with , all apps and media held in cloud reducing memory down to enough for os & core updates , wireless charging or kinetic/ solar cells in screen ..... Could go on... But will any of it happen I wonder

Sent from my iPad 3 64gb using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Drew wal said:
Edge to edge display would be nice to see, less than 1mm bezel at max, camera built into photo sensitive cells in the middle of the screen that moves depending on your eye movement following the person your face timing with , all apps and media held in cloud reducing memory down to enough for os & core updates , wireless charging or kinetic/ solar cells in screen ..... Could go on... But will any of it happen I wonder

If the display went right to the edge of the screen, with no bezel, how would you hold the iPad?

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Software would detect a stationary finger against one that was navigating the device :)

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I hope apple never does any of these....they are all bad ideas, IMO. Just because you can do a thing, doesn't make it a good idea.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They were just ideas ... :)

Deployment of new tech is inevitable and not to everyone's taste .

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Drew wal said:

Agreed, but not all new tech ends up being accepted by the masses either. Apple needs to tackle a few key items and then they'll be pretty good to go. Just moving forward for the sake of it isn't a good call on their part.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I understand. But let's hope that Apple adds feature that most users find of value.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I concur , funny enough I was talking to a friend just yesterday and we reminisced over mobile phones that didnt have displays then to phones that didnt have camera's , MP3 players , wifi etc .
How a lot of the time we took some of these things as being a fad and yet we've come to see these features as part of the core set in most devices .
I'll not be surprised if over the next few years we'll see tech packing features that we might disapprove of now but could become something we use all the time .

My first mobile didnt have a removable sim & I remember a Sony that didnt have a display .

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Still loving my ipad 3 I am not going to even think about updating for at least 3 years....wonder what will be available then lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts