What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad 5 Renders Show Size Comparison

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I rest my ipad and my MacBook Air on my pet pillow which sits on my lap. I am currently doing this as we speak. :) I don't like to hold it if I don't have to. By the end of a work day, by arms are very tired from the manual therapy I do at work. So, using a pet pillow gives my arms and hands a needed rest at the end of the day!

That makes a lot of sense! I bet you get strong doing that every day....

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That makes a lot of sense! I bet you get strong doing that every day....

I wish I were stronger for various patient population we see, maybe I wouldn't be so tired. Or...maybe I do need an iPad mini so I can see how lightweight it really is! ;)

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually, you won't know how a narrower bezel affects you until you have it for a while. Me neither. I'm just so used to the current design. I don't wanna be launching apps by accident. That will get annoying rather quickly!

That's a good point. A narrower bezel would also affect where I place my hands when I rest between typing.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I mean other hardware features, e.g., dual speakers, a better camera option than the iPad 4, etc. if the only difference is the bezel and the speed, for example, I'd just buy an iPad 4 after its price drop. Even if the price difference isn't all that great, I could still use the difference to offset the expense of a new cover.

Of course, if the dimensions are different for an iPad 5, there will hidden costs like paying for a new case instead of swapping out and using a perfectly good me.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got some cheap dumbbells that are cheap but heavy. :)

I must admit this lap thing is surprising to me. I don't ever put mine in my lap. Never even thought to do that.

Maybe it's a "girl" thing lol. Right now, I am watching TV and my iPad is on my lap. Like Ski said, if I don't need to hold it in my hands, I won't; why do extra work.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish I were stronger for various patient population we see, maybe I wouldn't be so tired. Or...maybe I do need an iPad mini so I can see how lightweight it really is! ;)

Have you been to the Apple Store to check out the mini?

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I mean other hardware features, e.g., dual speakers, a better camera option than the iPad 4, etc. if the only difference is the bezel and the speed, for example, I'd just buy an iPad 4 after its price drop. Even if the price difference isn't all that great, I could still use the difference to offset the expense of a new cover.

Of course, if the dimensions are different for an iPad 5, there will hidden costs like paying for a new case instead of swapping out and using a perfectly good me.

Stereo speakers would be great. And, the speaker needs to face towards the user, not out the back. I'm with you though, I'd buy a discounted iPad 4 before the latest one if they just make the bezel thinner and a few other trivial things.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe it's a "girl" thing lol. Right now, I am watching TV and my iPad is on my lap. Like Ski said, if I don't need to hold it in my hands, I won't; why do extra work.

I've rarely held my tabs on my lap. Doesn't it give you a crick in your neck?

I rarely hold any of my tabs. I like them at eye level and prefer to be hands free. I have a couple of stands, but my hands down (haha) favorite is this one:

Amazon.com: LEVO Deluxe iPad Floor Stand for all iPads Galaxy Xoom Nook and Other eBooks and Tablets: Computers & Accessories

I can make it hold an iPad and a Kindle Fire at the same time, plus a Jambox BT speaker.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I rarely hold any of my tabs. I like them at eye level and prefer to be hands free. I have a couple of stands, but my hands down (haha) favorite is this one:

Amazon.com: LEVO Deluxe iPad Floor Stand for all iPads Galaxy Xoom Nook and Other eBooks and Tablets: Computers & Accessories

I might break down and get one of these floor stands one day. Right now, I have two of these (I got them for $30):

Amazon.com: ARKON Table Stand for 10-Inch Tablet with Universal Quick Release Holder (TAB-STAND2): Computers & Accessories

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stereo speakers would be great. And, the speaker needs to face towards the user, not out the back. I'm with you though, I'd buy a discounted iPad 4 before the latest one if they just make the bezel thinner and a few other trivial things.

Better speakers would be great. Even my original Kindle Fire 7", which was $200, had better speakers than my iPads. The Kindle Fire HDs (mine are only 7") have great speakers. iPad speakers fall way short.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's a good price for such stands.

For tabletop, I use plate holders that cost maybe $5. I've been using them since old-school e-ink Kindle days, and they fit all my tabs.

Good idea! I don't own a single plate holder, but now I wish I did! :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've rarely held my tabs on my lap. Doesn't it give you a crick in your neck?

I can make it hold an iPad and a Kindle Fire at the same time, plus a Jambox BT speaker.

Oh wow. Really gadgety. On the sofa it's not too bad. In bed I hold in my hands but usually not for long periods. Right now on sofa with Miles in my lap and iPad leaning on him lol. Not really, sort of holding in one hand and typing with the other. Might get too heavy on his little back.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh wow. Really gadgety. On the sofa it's not too bad. In bed I hold in my hands but usually not for long periods. Right now on sofa with Miles in my lap and iPad leaning on him lol. Not really, sort of holding in one hand and typing with the other. Might get too heavy on his little back.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Miles is cuter than any iPad stand!

Most reactions

Latest posts