What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad 5 Renders Show Size Comparison

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_5_renders.JPG

MacRumors has today posted renders of the iPad 5 that they commissioned from CiccareseDesign, based on the leaked iPad 5 cover pictures that appeared recently, and which MacRumors says they believe to be authentic. CiccareseDesign also studied the pictures of the iPad 5 shell placed next to an iPad mini enclosure, and used these to come up with a render showing both products, with the aim of comparing the size of various different Apple devices. As MacRumors notes, you can also see in the render that the fifth-gen iPad will have smaller top and bottom bezels than that of the fourth-gen iPad, and thinner side bezels in portrait mode. They have also managed to give you some idea of the thinness of the iPad 5, which is said to be around 2 mm thinner than the fourth-gen iPad, in fact around the same thickness as the current iPad mini. As to when we can expect this next full-size iPad to arrive in stores, MacRumors suggests September-October.

[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] Size Comparison of iPad 4, iPad Mini, iPhone 5 and Upcoming iPad 5 - Mac Rumors

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
September-October seems a long way away. I wonder what the other differences will be.

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's smaller than the ipad 3 and 4
Wow too weirded

GolfOx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thinner and lighter are great. I need the bezel to hold and avoid having more phantom touches than I have now.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, remember maxi pads? The competing brand was called stay free. Nevermind, just being silly.

Oh....that one went right over my head. :)

I thought you meant you wanted the iPad to stay free....I'm like, what? Free iPads? Alternate universe.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Oh....that one went right over my head. :)

I thought you meant you wanted the iPad to stay free....I'm like, what? Free iPads? Alternate universe.

Sorry. Bad analogy and probably not the right stage to bring it up. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts