What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor: iPhone 5S and iPad 5 to Launch Mid-2013

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Magnetic1 said:
I think we should count our blessings. Back in the day cellphone manufacturers built a model for each segment and called it a day.
The disappointment comes when you realize that the segments are low end, mid tier, above mid tier, high end.
Apple pretty much keeps all of its products in the high end while targeting different formfactors.

Yup!!! And I remember when we didn't have any cell phones at all. I remember when we had rotary phones. Phone numbers were 212.murrayhill.7. 2648 lmao!!! Of course I was a tiny tot then playing with my grandmothers princess rotary phone back in the late 60s-71 but I can recall it (foggy about playing w the phone but I remember her having it lol).

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS6 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

IGonz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Only drawback with those apps is you have to get everyone that you text to use them. But it's great for international texting. Are fellow iOS international users free on the iPad / iPhone as well?

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Not really a drawback for them. It does the work. Automatically looks for friends in your contacts who has the app.

Works on IOS,Android,BB,windows phone from what I understand. I don't know what kind of cell phone my friends have overseas but currently text back and fourth in at least 23 countries currently texting to friends in Switzerland,Italy,Brazil,Vatican City,and Hong Kong this month. All free. I do a lot of group texting at times.
Great while traveling as well.
For some reason it's not available for iPad unless jail broken.

Texting is a serious cash cow for these cell companies in the U.S.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hope that so many people jumped off the grandfathered unlimited Iphone and Ipad in the past AT&T won't bother with the rest of us.
I have many friends that wished they hadn't gotten off their grandfathered plans.

That would be nice. We'll see.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not really a drawback for them. It does the work. Automatically looks for friends in your contacts who has the app.

Works on IOS,Android,BB,windows phone from what I understand. I don't know what kind of cell phone my friends have overseas but currently text back and fourth in at least 23 countries currently texting to friends in Switzerland,Italy,Brazil,Vatican City,and Hong Kong this month. All free. I do a lot of group texting at times.
Great while traveling as well.
For some reason it's not available for iPad unless jail broken.

Texting is a serious cash cow for these cell companies in the U.S.

I like WhatsApp not only because it lets me text unlimitedly and internationally for free, but because it works on many platforms. I rarely text anyone, but I have friends overseas on various platforms who like to send photos of stuff they're doing, eating or seeing.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My daughter is very popular and has a lot of friends. She (and they) text a lot; 3/4 of the texts are hers. My boyfriend's grown kids (early 20's) text a lot. AAMoF, we all do. My boyfriend and I work opposite shifts, we text to keep in touch. I feel like I'm having to justify the amount of texting we do.

andytvcams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here in the UK the ipad 2 is still one of the best sellers. Apple really burnt their bridges when they bought out the ipad 3 selling it as 4G LTE when it was not. then to bring out the ipad 4 which does support 4G LTE just really rubbed ipad 3 owners noses in it then to make matters worse withdrawing the ipad 3 completely from the market making the resale value virtually worthless check out ebay . having just spent £658.00 pounds on a ipad 4 i wont be doing the same come march/April 2013 no matter what.

Most reactions