What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will iPad 5 come out in March or October?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treborray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been enjoying my iPad 2 experience for quite some time now but figured it was time to upgrade. I really wanted to see what the A6X chip is about and being that I am a gamer the quad-core graphics made my mouth water. My BIGGEST fear is that my 14/30 days will be up and the iPad 5 will come out next month.. Ive been searching everywhere for detials on the release date... 9To5Mac has called for March one day and October the next

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No one knows for sure. Apple doesn't provide this information. Anything could happen. I'm hoping they wait to November, however.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wait until April...........
Then it could be released in May.

Wait until November...........
and you may not even like the next release.

If I like what's available now and feel I'm in the market for a purchase I buy........can't wait for the unknown.
Life is to short to worry about such things.... :p

Last edited:
OP
Treborray

Treborray

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If I like what's available now and feel I'm in the market for a purchase I buy........can't wait for the unknown.
Life is to short ot worry about such things.... :p

that is actually really good advice. I think I am going to be happy with what I have!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The release of the iPad 5 will likely coincide with the public release of iOS 7.

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i rather wait for mini 2 hopefully with retina display and more storage :rolleyes:

Grebelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have got the ipad mini, so I do not care when iPad 5 will come out. anyway, Apple will never let us down. Just wait :D

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The release of the iPad 5 will likely coincide with the public release of iOS 7.

Yep, and its quite possible that's when I make my move. But, my iPad 2 keeps humming along....almost as if it knows I'm considering an upgrade and it doesn't want to get superceded. :)

Zimaia

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Life is to short to worry about such things.... :p

I couldn't agree more!!!

Live the present.

For those who have an ipad 2 i can understand the wait for the ipad 5 but for those who don't have one, like me, i go to ipad 4.
I'm not interesting in spend more 3 or 4 months without an ipad. Like buerkletucson said, life is too short.

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a first generation iPad and I was just starting to mull over the idea of a 4th gen or mini . I am going to wait till the new one comes out to decide- I do like the text size of the full size tablet over the mini( I don't like to keep zooming in and out when I need to log into a site or read tiny text from some of my sites I go on. I was delighted with the slimmer size and weight of the newer iPads vs the first one so it can only get better for me. I am waiting till after my vacation in late August to do the purchase -whatever I decide- I get more info from this site than the apple employees

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For OP: If you've waited this long and your current iPad still works, I'd wait till the next model comes out, whenever that turns out to be. It's likely to come out in time for holiday buying season, but only Apple knows for sure when.

If you can't wait, consider buying a refurbed iPad 4 from Apple if you want the A6X chip now. Apple refurbs are sold with full warranties, as if new, and you'd save off full retail price. That way, if the next model tempts you to upgrade once again, you can resell the iPad 4 without taking as much a loss as you would by having paid full retail price.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As this thread is rather old and the OP did receive the replies he did and has not been back since..... I will now close this thread.

......Thank you for your understanding

.................THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts