iOS 8.x Jailbreak Status

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Mickey330, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I don't understand -- has he upgraded to iOS 8.1 already? Because if he hasn't, and iOS 8.1.1 is the only one being signed at this point, the whole discussion is kind of for naught...

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    At the moment, it's still possible to revert to iOS 8.1, if the iPad is up to date.

3. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    iOS 8.1 and 8.1.1 are both being signed right this moment,

4. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    @Mickey330 Marilyn, here's a slightly more descriptive iOS 8 compatibility list, great for users that have the MS Excel app where they can cache/save the spreadsheet for referencing as well. Viewers on browsers may receive a intermediate page stating that you're being redirected to another page outside of iPadForum's control, and will display the link to the page. Feel free to scan the link for those that do so with unknown links, but in short, it opens up to Excel Live Online, or if you have the MS Excel app, I believe it opens directly (or asks if you want to open it) in the MS Excel app if applicable.

Users on Tapatalk may or may not have issues with opening the link, again, depending on whether you have the Excel app. I don't currently have a device to test out whether it opens in the Excel app or not, but with the recent changes to Excel it should.

[Credits to GiantSpeck]
    Update: GiantSpeck also made a Google Docs version, I'll include that below and reiterate the Excel link

Excel || Google Docs

#84 willerz2, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  5. A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thank you willerz2! Ummm I will stay 7.0 simply for its working in hu huhuh.
    But in the 8.0 if I were to up it and once. The software us updated I wouldn't be able to go back to 7.0! Correct me if im wrong . But once. Jail break 8.0 is up and I've
    (anyone)went to 8.1 is this essentiallysame .... ? I sometimes wonder if a lot of some of the problems in jailbreak is not jailbreaks but perhaps Apple

6. A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Oh by the way Apple's ,three party key boards are the worse and I have give in and the native is far better with less than others with more!!!!

7. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    There aren't any major issues with iOS 8 and Pangu8. The wifi issue only affects a portion of the iOS 8 users, others don't experience the same wifi issue. As for the other questions, I'm not understanding what you're trying to say.

8. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Awesome find, willerz2, thanks. I've updated the first thread to have these links (which, of course, I stole from your post... :D).

And, that's a sweet product that GiantSpeck made. I've bookmarked it for sure...

Marilyn

9. bat0nas

bat0nas
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Is Apple still signing 8.1? I have iPad3 with iOS 5.1.1. Can I install 8.1?

iPad3 ios5.1.1 is jailbroken at the moment.

What are my options?

Sent from my SM-N910C

10. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    iOS 8.1 is still being signed on all devices that support it. Download the IPSW, DFU the iPad, Shift/Command Click the Restore button on iTunes.