What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak Available For iOS 9

MrBlackwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 4 with iOS 7. Can I update to iOS 9 and jailbreak it or do I need to update to the latest version?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad 4 with iOS 7. Can I update to iOS 9 and jailbreak it or do I need to update to the latest version?
Unfortunately you can't update to a jailbreakable iOS version. You'll end up on iOS 10.0.2 when you update your iPad. You can still update to iOS 9.3.5 as well but that version has no jailbreak.
You'll have to stay where you are or update and wait an unknown amount of time for a jailbreak release.

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So is there actually a jailbreak for iOS 10 out now?

--> EDITED

I see a couple of articles on the web (most with somewhat questionable English; seems to me the writers are based in India or the Middle East), but I can't find an actual download site for the jailbreak, if it exists. Is this just a bunch of hot air?

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules. http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/forum-rules-everybody-please-read.2119/ No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As of yet there has been no iOS 10 jailbreak released to the public. Any site claiming to have an iOS 10 jailbreak ready for download is a scam.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts