iOS 8.x Jailbreak Status

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Mickey330, Oct 22, 2014.

1. b00bie

b00bie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Hi
    Welcome, several things, I am personally not familiar with XBMC but according to their website the current version is 13.2.1 also from what I read most issues can be resolved with a reboot, if you haven't tried that you should. There is very little on Mashups site about issues but you might try perusing some of the threads over there. Third and most important this thread is about the status of the jailbreak, you would probably get more people who know about this tweak to help you if you started another thread about it rather then hoping someone will stumble across this hidden in here. Hope I provided a little help and good luck resolving your problem.

2. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Best to post it on the XBMC forums. I don't use XBMC on my devices anymore, only on my AppleTV and computer.

3. guerilla

guerilla
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Cheers guys.

The jailbreak seems to work well without any real issues. Which is good news though.

Thanks for your help

4. zuluwhiskeyfox

zuluwhiskeyfox
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    There is a Pangu tool for Mac released. I just used it on my iPad. It failed on the first attempt but worked on the second. Fast too I might add.

5. zuluwhiskeyfox

zuluwhiskeyfox
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Just used the Mac tool to jailbreak my iPhone 5s. Like with my iPad it two attempts.

6. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Updated the first post to reflect that there is now a Mac version of the PanGu jailbreak tool.

Hurray!

7. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    iOS 8.1.1 is out...

Here's keeping my fingers crossed that they will find a jailbreak for that one, too. :)

8. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    With the incentive that Pangu has, they've probably found exploits already. But as for actually releasing it, that would depend on bugs present on 8.1.1. But it's been announced weeks ago that 8.1.1 patches the Pangu exploits, so those that didn't make the jump once the window closes have it out for themselves.

9. A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Hello there willerz2
    How are you ...? Quick question for you, ?
    Now that Apple's new latest 8.1 is patiently waiting with the constant annoying red badge app glaring at me as to suggest update me now ,
    Before I do was wondering if I jailbreak in 8.1 can I expect the same
    In performance As jail b. 7. . And if pangu has worked out for jail b.
    For 8.0 and I've went to 8.1 will there be any real problems there

. No hurry , thanks cool daddy willerz2
    . MANIMAL

10. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Personally, if I had the option to go back to iOS 7, I would considering iOS 7 is completely ironed out. Third party keyboards via the AppStore are far from usable for me, so there isn't an incentive for me to actually use iOS 8 aside from the fact that my devices are on iOS 8, so I would say stay with iOS 7.

In terms of stability, iOS 8 is fairly ironed out. There needs to be a patch released to resolve the wifi issue that some users are experiencing on 8.1 by patch developers, but that should come shortly. Your setup on iOS 7 may or may not translate to iOS 8, but you can check for compatibility in Cydia for the package's changelogs, or if you want to sift through them faster, you can check them out here by entering the package name and see if it's been updated recently for support.