What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak Available For iOS 9

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! That was fast! :)

The PanGu team has released an untethered jailbreak for iOS 9.0 - 9.0.2. As of today, it is a Windows-only jailbreak tool and can be accessed via this link: Download Pangu 9 iOS 9 - 9.0.2 Jailbreak For iPhone 6s, Plus, 6, 5s, iPad And More | Redmond Pie

From what I've read, saurik, owner of Cydia, was prepared for this release and has already updated Cydia Substrate to work with this new tool. I'm sure Mac tools will be released ... soon.

Of course, given that the jailbreak is less than 24 hours old, your favorite tweaks and such are not updated and may not work yet (or quite right) on iOS 9. So, please have some patience as developers work to update their tweaks.

Still, awesome news, yeah?

Update - 29 October 2015:

Well, that's it - Apple has closed the signing window for iOS 9.0.2. So, if you haven't updated to that iOS, or if you went to iOS 9.1 and wanted to go back to iOS 9.0.2, that's no longer possible. iOS 9.1 is now the only iOS that can be installed on an iDevice and that iOS is not jailbroken.

Hopefully, I'll be back (soon) with news about a jailbreak for the current iOS, but for now, that's it - protect those jailbreaks!

Marilyn

Last edited:

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think this was about the easiest jailbreak ever... Definitely recommend reading the tutorial on the RP website first, though.

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've jailbroken two iPhone 6S and an old 4S on iOS 9.02 and all three worked without a hitch.

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is anyone going to create/maintain a spreadsheet again for when tweaks are updated/compatible with iOS9?

(TVLocker Pro is working. :) )

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so of course this didn't work so easily for me. I got thru the Jailbreak process part way, at the point where it says to run the Pangu app. The app is there, but doesn't run.
What gives?

NEVERMIND! I got it, but it took 4 tries!

Last edited:

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Version 1.01 was released by Pangu last night.

V1.0.1 (2015-10-15)
1.Fix a bug that leads to 0A error code.
2.Fix failure of launching on some PC.
3.improve success rate.
4.Ensure the removal of the Pangu app.

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple released iOS 9.1 which fix the Pangu jailbreak.

Yep. No jailbreak right now for iOS 9.1.

But, right now, iOS 9.0.2 is still a useable iOS, Apple has not closed the signing window for it.

So, if you're on the fence about upgrading to iOS 9, it's time to make a decision! :)

Marilyn

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where exactly can one download the updated Pangu? I tried the one in the OP link, but it just tells me to update, and brings me to some "pangu.io"

The Pangu.io website looks legitimate enough, however, the "pangu" downloaded was...like 600kb, and had no icon. Whereas the one from OP link was around 70mb and did have an icon.

<1mb and no icon is kind of a huge red flag for viruses.

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
--> PanGu iOS 9 jailbreak tool - pangu.io

Version 1.2 of the jailbreak (apparently there is indeed a version 1.2; did not even know that) is still only 71.3 MB.

V1.2.0 (2015-10-27)
1. Bundle latest Cydia with new Patcyh which fixed failure to open url scheme in MobileSafari
2. Fixed the bug that “preferences -> Storage&iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage” keeps spinning
Notice: Please update "Pangu 9.0.x Untether" and "Patcyh" in Cydia if your device is already jailbroken, without the need to re-jailbreak it

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried to download it from that "pangu.io" site, and instead got a weird 600kb file with no icon.

Now it seems to be downloading a 73mb one....at a painfully slow rate. 3 hours remaining. :|

EDIT: Huh. What happened? It suddenly finished downloading, and I'm left with a 3.4mb file that has no icon.

I see they've now changed it to the 1.2 version, but the download is once again horrifically slow. 3-4 KB/s. :mad: Anyone got a mirror? Pangu seems to be using dial-up for their download servers.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts