iOS 8.x Jailbreak Status

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Mickey330, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Not sure how/if we can contribute to that list, but "Message Renamer 7" is also working on iOS8.1. And the latest version of iLEX R.A.T. is also iOS8 compatible.

2. b00bie

b00bie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    If you press and hold on the app you want to delete it will start to wiggle and an X will appear in the top left corner, tapping on the X will delete the app. In the case of Apple iOS provided apps no X appears you cannot delete those.

3. gerland.hardin

gerland.hardin
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
  4. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The latest version of Pangu has been released - version 1.2.1. Please see the first post for a link to download the tool.

If you've already jailbroken, you'll not need to jailbreak again. The updates will be done via Cydia. This new tool is for those who've not yet jailbroken their iPad.

Marilyn

5. zuluwhiskeyfox

zuluwhiskeyfox
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm wondering if an emulator like Winebottler will run the Pangu tool.

6. guerilla

guerilla
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Evening all.

Hope someone can help me out?
    Complete noob to the world of iPads so please bare with me,

Just bought an iPad air running iOS8 with the intention of jailbreakung and running XBMC. However after reading this thread and looking in several other places I'm still not sure if I should go ahead or wait a few days/weeks?? Until some of the bugs are worked out.

Plan for the foreseeable future is to inky run Cadia and XBMC.

So the question is, should I wait?

Thanks

7. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    It's actually ill-advised to wait in this situation. iOS 8.1.1 patches the jailbreaking exploits used by Pangu8, so if for some reason the jailbreak fails during the procedure and a restore is warranted, you'll be forced to upgrade to an unjailbreakable 8.1.1. As the utility has been revised to be more stable as well as Cydia and Cydia Substrate, it's recommended that you do it as soon as possible so that you won't get locked out when the 8.1.1 upgrade is pushed by Apple, which is within the coming weeks.

The only forseeable bug is the wifi issue, but once the update is pushed, it'll be reverse engineered most likely like Ryan Petrich or Linus Yang and pushed as an independent package through Cydia as a means of applying the same fixing of the wifi on iOS 8.1.1 without having to actually upgrade to 8.1.1.

8. guerilla

guerilla
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Much appreciated willerz2! That makes sense.

9. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Wait... What?

10. guerilla

guerilla
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ok

Jail broken my iPad air using pangu Simple. Easy. And apart from a tiny keyboard bug. All good!

But! Can I get xbmc to install anything like anything I've previously seen? Can I hell!

Cydia installed fine, installed Gotham 13.2 but it looks nothing like tutorials I've seen and I can't seem to get mashup to install.

Any ideas???