How to Jailbreak iOS 8.x Using TaiG

Discussion in 'Jailbreaking & Hacking Tutorials & How-To Guides' started by Mickey330, Dec 5, 2014.

1. A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I like this TaiG tool isn't it great do you remember what the old method of jail breaking consisted of .... Follow Marilyn's instructions and you want have any problems . No problems here working fine... Oh .... and ....Marilyn
    Haters are always gonna hate !

2. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    As of today, iOS 8.1.1 is still being signed by Apple, so you could upgrade to it.

However, TaiG has just released an update to their jailbreak tool and it now can jailbreak iOS 8.1.2.

I'd recommend iOS 8.1.2 because it's the latest and greatest iOS on the street.

And, I too miss SBSettings. However, there are a LOT of tweaks that utilize the Control Center quite well. I have CCSettings and QuickActivator. Together, these two tweaks make it so that I have not thought of or missed SBSettings since my upgrade. May be worth researching?

Marilyn

Edited to add: And, A. Goodwin - glad to see you had no issues with the iPhone and jailbreaking it. Now - come on, join the darkside and jailbreak that iPad. ;)

3. A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:

4. A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Hu huhuhu ...., the dark side hungh ? I'm going to on IPad also ummmm I bought this same phone you got two days ago and soon as it topped out on full charge I jerked that rascal up powered it on copied your info and it was over with before I put my pencil down,..... Huhuhaha

5. wench

wench
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Well I idid it, not going to say the hate word, yet every time I try to download anything from cydia description of pkg is missing. Also all apps are running very slow. Gonna hope for the best! Thx for the info. Tho upgradingto iOS 8.1.2 took forever. Jailbreak was quick. I am sure it is all my fault for messing something up! So appreciate your input!
    Thx
    Wench

6. Coffeeboy

Coffeeboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    How come I end up at a site trying to have me download some cloud storage? I want the Taig-files, since I've just upgraded to 8.1.2...

[EDIT] Ok, I found the files elsewhere. Only to find it's Windows only. And, of course(?), the only thing available for a week or so longer is Mac... Aaaaaaarrrrgh! [/EDIT]

//Stefan

#16 Coffeeboy, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  7. Coffeeboy

Coffeeboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Managed to arrange for use of a PC prior to going home (next week)! Not without glitches, I'm now JBed on 8.1.2! Hooray!

8. Oner

Oner
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Please tell me how to fix this?
    [​IMG]

9. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    What version of iTunes are you running [on what type of computer]? Evidently, iTunes 12.1 has been updated to run 64-bit. But, this update makes it so the current jailbreak tools won't work.

The only solution I have seen (if you have iTunes 12.1 installed) is to fully uninstall it and re-install iTunes 12.0.x. Then, the jailbreak tool will work.

See this thread for more details on the uninstall process (to iclude direct downloads of the iTunes 12.0 .exe file): http://www.ipadforums.net/posts/1092460/

Marilyn

10. A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Many are coming over to the dark side ,...hooray for them !!!!