What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak new iPad Air 2 ?

Novakingwai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbroke my last ios 7 device a few months ago. Got a new Air 2 today. According to the sticky, this is the newest most up to date info still yes?
UPDATE (10 Dec 2014):

Well, that was quick! :) TaiG has updated their tool and it now is able to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2. It is still listed as version 1.2.0, but it does the job. It's still at the same link from above.

And this is the latest version of the tool?
https://mega.co.nz/#!Rt4ERYpQ!s7Ee-5UaK4UMFfRfOhgAYJZppfnnVJIdhN3L-_H_RSo

Are there any special instructions for using this Taig program? When I used Pangu I remember having to set the date and time to something specific. Can I update my iOS over WiFi? Is it better to update via iTunes before jailbreaking?

Thanks in advance.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is best to update to iOS 8.1.2 via iTunes. I've read that some people don't have trouble jailbreaking after updating over WiFi but, according to my reading, most have issues. So, make a backup and upgrade using iTunes. Prolly will prevent any issues.

And, to do the jailbreak, may I suggest you follow this tutorial: http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/how-to-jailbreak-ios-8-x-using-taig.125390/

Hopefully, that will help.

Marilyn

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just jailbroke my air 2 with Taig.Just need to watch a video because its written in Chinese, othere than that, quick and simple.

OP
N

Novakingwai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heh, thanks for the info. I actually had the opposite trouble. I had my iPad hooked to my PC. I clicked Update in iTunes. I would download about 25%. Then iTunes would say something about "iTunes lost connection to the update blah blah blah" and it would stop. Tried this 4 times (even changed to PC wifi connection my cell data to make sure my home internet wasn't acting up) and it never worked. Updated via WiFi no problems, then used Taig software and it jailbroke no problems. >_>

Most reactions

Latest posts