What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often is your iPad with you?

How often do you carry your iPad?

• It is always with me. Always. Are you crazy?

Votes: 298 58.3%
  • I carry it sometimes, but leave it at home a lot too.

Votes: 144 28.2%
  • I only use it at home on the couch, or maybe around the office.

Votes: 69 13.5%

• Total voters

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Um, let's not paint the picture of NYC looking like "Death Wish" in the 1970's - it's a very safe city.

Yes, I do have a digital subscription to the NY Times - it's half the price of my paper subscription that I had for 30 years. The app is very good and a great experience on the iPad. They do have to make money, or they'll go out of business and you'll be reading the NY Post to get your news! :)

Agreed about paying for the NYT. You might've read this, too, about increasing gadget theft in the city's subway system:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/27/n...phones-drive-up-subway-crime-in-new-york.html

I don't use my iPads on any subway, in the U.S. or elsewhere. I also limit my iPhone use on the subway and try to stay aware even when I'm on it briefly. (Of course, NY's subway is only now getting cell service on some platforms.)

I do read on my iPod touch when taking subways, but I don't store my email, contacts, etc., on it. That way, I won't be sweating much data if it's taken.

skanter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There really is a slasher on the subway. The 4 train unfortunately. Google it!! There is usually nothing happening until it happens lol.

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF

Apparently it's a FEMALE slasher. (Female, slasher, not female victims)

Female Subway Slasher Sought In New York City | Fox News

Watch out for those dangerous-looking women! Hope she doesn't have an issue with Apple products...

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Agreed about paying for the NYT. You might've read this, too, about increasing gadget theft in the city's subway system:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/27/nyregion/thefts-of-ipads-and-iphones-drive-up-subway-crime-in-new-york.html

I don't use my iPads on any subway, in the U.S. or elsewhere. I also limit my iPhone use on the subway and try to stay aware even when I'm on it briefly. (Of course, NY's subway is only now getting cell service on some platforms.)

I do read on my iPod touch when taking subways, but I don't store my email, contacts, etc., on it. That way, I won't be sweating much data if it's taken.

Smart, same here!! I feel as a woman they would more likely try to steal my gadgets.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skanter said:
Apparently it's a FEMALE slasher. (Female, slasher, not female victims)

Female Subway Slasher Sought In New York City | Fox News

Watch out for those dangerous-looking women! Hope she doesn't have an issue with Apple products...

Yes I know!! Doesn't matter. These crazies will come with some other reason to hurt people. One must always be on their guard. The only gadget is use on the subway is my iPod classic. No one really wants that but me. iPhone iPod when old iPod was on the fritz.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smart, same here!! I feel as a woman they would more likely try to steal my gadgets.

Agreed. We're typically smaller and less threatening, so are more likely to be targets.

It'd be bad enough to lose a gadget, but I think the scarier thing would be getting hurt by a thief, especially with the possibility of being pushed onto subway tracks or such. I love city life, but being careful about safety is necessary.

Last edited:

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Agreed. We're typically smaller and less threatening, so are more likely to be targets.

It'd be bad enough to lose a gadget, but I think the scarier thing would be getting hurt by a thief, especially with the possibility of being pushed onto subway tracks or such. I love city life, but being careful about safety is necessary.

Absolutely!! I am a native New Yorker, I know the drill lol!!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
soullessbunny said:
24/7 I sleep with it under my pillow.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Ha ha!!!

gringanica

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my Ipad2 with me all the time I am at home and I take it to church with me as I have an application that looks up the scriptures instantly without having to find them manually. Very cool!

Most reactions

Latest posts