What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What e-mail service(s) do you use?

What email services do you use?

• Gmail

Votes: 36 66.7%
  • Yahoo/SBC

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Hotmail

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • AOL

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Mac/Me/iCloud.com

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Comcast

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Other (in comments)

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just curious: what email services do you use (eg. Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)
Cast your vote now!

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

OP
goofy8275

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Whoops, I forgot to add: Mail (.com) That will be under other.

OP
goofy8275

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Yahoo, Me.com (thinking about switching it to iCloud.com), and Gmail; I do have a Mail.com that I used once to sign up for something and now I don't even remember the email address!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Out of all the email servers, I love gmail the best. It's very reliable with my calendars for home and work communicating with each other.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use Gmail (got an account when I got my first iPad). Now, it's indispensable because it's accessible anywhere (web, iDevices, etc.). I also use my RoadRunner mail account. But, it's a POP service, so the Gmail one always saves the day when I'm out and about.

Marilyn

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hotmail - my first email account ever since maybe 1999 (??? or was Yahoo the first?) guessing, had it since before I had my very own computer :)

Outlook.com - the new hotmail - converted old hotmail account to this while people who have to old hotmail account can still use as the email gets forwarded to the new Outlook account.

Gmail - several accounts including two Google Voice numbers. Have different accounts for different purposes. First one was set up simply because I wanted one. Free account with lots of free storage, virtually unlimited, and it is free to use POP unlike yahoo and hotmail (grandfathered so I don't pay).

Both Me and iCloud.com - came with iPad / Apple

Other accounts not listed in Poll:

Verizon.net - use as disposable account. Came with FIOS in January 2012. Never used these for anything important as email will disappear along with Internet service if I decide to switch. Also had a Verizon address when I had DSL several moons ago. ;)

MSN account when I had their dial-up back in 2001 lol.

Time Warner Cable / Road Runner addresses - these changed if you moved from one address to another in the same borough / town where they still offered Time Warner. I do miss my [email protected] address, though ( I liked the NYC part).

Optimum Online address - when I moved to my place that I am in now back in 2008 where they didn't offer TWC but glad as I was looking forward to Optimum Voice; much cheaper than Digital Voice with more features.

UK online - free address with lots of storage back in 2001 before Gmail and the like. Free POP. Used to use it with Incredimail with my Yahoogroups where I got tons of email from all my Incredimail groups. Incredimail.com. Stopped paying for premium Yahoo mail lol.

Probably even had a few more accounts I can't recall right now searching for the perfect free one lmao.

People make fun of all the email addresses I have; however, I am always able to find all of my business email and such because they are under a particular account while everyone else looses their stuff or gripe about having to start using folders.

Hope you were amused / entertained or at least lulled into blissful slumber by my post lol.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I use Gmail (got an account when I got my first iPad). Now, it's indispensable because it's accessible anywhere (web, iDevices, etc.). I also use my RoadRunner mail account. But, it's a POP service, so the Gmail one always saves the day when I'm out and about.

Marilyn

Can't you use RR w your iPad ?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Out of all the email servers, I love gmail the best. It's very reliable with my calendars for home and work communicating with each other.

Yes, gmail is my favorite. Me and iCloud are also good disposable addresses and good to use with people who only use email to communicate on the Internet ( don't text). That way it doesn't clog up my gmail - if I can remember to use them or get them to use them lol.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iCloud, GMail, Yahoo, and a business domain for the RV Park that has never been used except in tests.

iCloud is my primary email address with a few Google related service related emails coming in through GMail. Yahoo is a legacy address that almost never gets used these days, though I do keep an eye on it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, gmail is my favorite. Me and iCloud are also good disposable addresses and good to use with people who only use email to communicate on the Internet ( don't text). That way it doesn't clog up my gmail - if I can remember to use them or get them to use them lol.

Did you know you can set up to two aliases at icloud.com? In case you need addresses even more disposable than your main iCloud account addresse(s).

Most reactions

Latest posts