What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often is your iPad with you?

How often do you carry your iPad?

• It is always with me. Always. Are you crazy?

Votes: 298 58.3%
  • I carry it sometimes, but leave it at home a lot too.

Votes: 144 28.2%
  • I only use it at home on the couch, or maybe around the office.

Votes: 69 13.5%

• Total voters

YoSammitySam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I take mine to school and stuff, but I find if I take it anywhere else, I am just super paranoid about it. I did take it camping with my friends and we enjoyed it but I still was slightly worried about it.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
24/7. I have had 5 suits made with iPad pockets on the inside.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bring my iPad everywhere with me. Even bought a purse large enough to carry it with me at all times. I have an iPhone and I use that a lot when I'm out, but if I don't have my iPad with me I feel naked. Currently I carry it in an incipio shell case and I slide it in my incase pouch.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use it at home mostly. I take it with me when I travel or visit w people.

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always have it with me. I even bought a big purse recently so I have enough room for it plus my other stuff. I use it on my breaks, lunch and before I start work in the morning for reading e-books. I am addicted to my IPad. It's also cutting into my tv watching time. :)

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

PoetDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Home for reading the news and weather in the morning over breakfast. Then to work where I use it all day for patient notes and billing insurance company and maybe some research on treatment protocols, medications, print forms, etc. Home for a movie or a tv show on Netflix or read a book. Currently reading 'How to Read the Air' free from the local library network on the Kindle app. I can't believe how much I use it - way more than I thought I would. My laptop is gathering dust.

And of course for the iPad forum any chance I get.

skanter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it mostly at home for reading NY Times and other periodicals, e-Books on Kindle app, email and internet, Skype and Facetime (although speaker volume and quality is inferior). It's pretty much replaced my home desktop for 90% of my computing needs (certainly not video editing and Photoshop graphics).

I find it a bit too heavy to sclhep around much in my backpack, and am a bit paranoid using such an expensive gadget on public transportation. Haven't found much use for it in my office as I can't find a good iPad appointment/calendar app to replace my paper Day-timer appt book.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skanter said:
I use it mostly at home for reading NY Times and other periodicals, e-Books on Kindle app, email and internet, Skype and Facetime (although speaker volume and quality is inferior). It's pretty much replaced my home desktop for 90% of my computing needs (certainly not video editing and Photoshop graphics).

I find it a bit too heavy to sclhep around much in my backpack, and am a bit paranoid using such an expensive gadget on public transportation. Haven't found much use for it in my office as I can't find a good iPad appointment/calendar app to replace my paper Day-timer appt book.

You must live in NY? I will never ever use on the subway. I see people using them there but mostly men. I am afraid someone will snatch out of my hands or slash my face for it. Yes, we have / had a slasher on the subway recently; however, I think they have other issues besides iPad envy. Do you subscribe to the NYTimes app? I refuse!!!!! All these years of reading online for free - NOT!!! ;)

skanter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You must live in NY? I will never ever use on the subway. I see people using them there but mostly men. I am afraid someone will snatch out of my hands or slash my face for it. Yes, we have / had a slasher on the subway recently; however, I think they have other issues besides iPad envy. Do you subscribe to the NYTimes app? I refuse!!!!! All these years of reading online for free - NOT!!! ;)

Um, let's not paint the picture of NYC looking like "Death Wish" in the 1970's - it's a very safe city.

Yes, I do have a digital subscription to the NY Times - it's half the price of my paper subscription that I had for 30 years. The app is very good and a great experience on the iPad. They do have to make money, or they'll go out of business and you'll be reading the NY Post to get your news! :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skanter said:
Um, let's not paint the picture of NYC looking like "Death Wish" in the 1970's - it's a very safe city.

Yes, I do have a digital subscription to the NY Times - it's half the price of my paper subscription that I had for 30 years. The app is very good and a great experience on the iPad. They do have to make money, or they'll go out of business and you'll be reading the NY Post to get your news! :)

There really is a slasher on the subway. The 4 train unfortunately. Google it!! There is usually nothing happening until it happens lol.

Most reactions

Latest posts