What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What e-mail service(s) do you use?

What email services do you use?

• Gmail

Votes: 36 66.7%
  • Yahoo/SBC

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Hotmail

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • AOL

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Mac/Me/iCloud.com

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Comcast

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Other (in comments)

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters
OP
goofy8275

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My "main" email (which I still don't use much) is my Yahoo. My me.com is mainly used for registrations to online services (eg. iPF). My Gmail is just for YouTube, and I don't even remember my mail.com address.
We need an iPF email (eg [email protected]) for our subscriptions so it doesn't clog up our regular email! :D

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Did you know you can set up to two aliases at icloud.com? In case you need addresses even more disposable than your main iCloud account addresse(s).

No, I didn't, cool!!! I will check out. I happened upon the iCloud address one day and then I received an email from Apple about it.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I use Yahoo, Me.com (thinking about switching it to iCloud.com), and Gmail; I do have a Mail.com that I used once to sign up for something and now I don't even remember the email address!

If you have an @me address then you already have an @icloud address. All you have to do is start using it. They are pretty much interchangeable, so just pick the one that you like best. You can also use whichever one you like when asked for your Apple ID (if the same as iTunes account).

Someone like me who started during or before the MobileMe days will have an @mac address.

The down side of this is that I have sites scattered around the internet that use both my @mac and @me addresses. Makes keeping track of stuff a bit more complicated. Someday (yeah, that day) I'll have to consolidate this, or not.

For now I'm sticking with the @me address. It's short and pleasing to the ego.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
My "main" email (which I still don't use much) is my Yahoo. My me.com is mainly used for registrations to online services (eg. iPF). My Gmail is just for YouTube, and I don't even remember my mail.com address.
We need an iPF email (eg [email protected]) for our subscriptions so it doesn't clog up our regular email! :D

Yes !!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't you use RR w your iPad ?

Sure ... when I'm at home and on RoadRunner's account. But I can't send mail when away from home; I can receive, however. Which is why I've defaulted to using the Gmail account. That can be used wherever I am and so it's my default.

Marilyn

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Sure ... when I'm at home and on RoadRunner's account. But I can't send mail when away from home; I can receive, however. Which is why I've defaulted to using the Gmail account. That can be used wherever I am and so it's my default.

Marilyn

Oh, I have all my accounts on my iPad. I think I had the road runner account too when I had it.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iNotes4You said:
German GMX, Microsoft, GMail, German T-Online and iCloud.com

If you are from Germany: there is also a German dedicated iPad Forum. Just look for "Regional iPad Groups".

Sent from my iPad 2

Otto8888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hotmail only one I used once used gmail though but don't now

imini011213

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hotmail, operamail (fastmail now?), yahoo, gmail, hmamail, malinator, att/sbcglobal, facebook, icloud. I have many email addresses. I use to make one for each computer I owned. (I sort of used an email address as the computer name.)

Most reactions

Latest posts