What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often you connect your iPad to computer (iTunes)?

How often you connect your iPad to computer (iTunes)?

• Multiple times a day

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Once a day

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Once a week

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Once a month

Votes: 36 15.4%
  • Rarely (except OS upgrade/jail break etc.)

Votes: 59 25.2%

• Total voters

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just like to see how many people rarely connects iPad to computer.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I connected my iPad the day I bought it - had no choice - and I've never connected it to my PC once since then. No way am I going anywhere near that iTunes software on my PC.:(

Tim

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Every few days - basically when I charge it.

Unlike Tim I don't mind iTunes. It makes it easy for me to add books, music, comics etc for the Apps I am using.

I have installed dropbox (on my epad, ipad and computer) but I find itunes much more convenient.

Mind you I have a strict backup routine so if iTunes ever screws up I am not going to lose anything.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every few days - basically when I charge it.

Unlike Tim I don't mind iTunes. It makes it easy for me to add books, music, comics etc for the Apps I am using.

I have installed dropbox (on my epad, ipad and computer) but I find itunes much more convenient.

Mind you I have a strict backup routine so if iTunes ever screws up I am not going to lose anything.

I need an iTunes tutorial!! It's incomprehensible to me....:(

Tim

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also hated iTunes when I got my first iPod. Now I own 5 different iDevices and cant live without it. There's so much of tutorials on the web related to iTunes nowadays, it's a breeze to master it. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also hated iTunes when I got my first iPod. Now I own 5 different iDevices and cant live without it. There's so much of tutorials on the web related to iTunes nowadays, it's a breeze to master it. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You guys are just trying to humiliate me....:(

Tim

Reaction score
The iPad syncs at least once a day, and often more.

Apart from iTunes being the largest space hogger software ever written for Windows, does it do it's job.

Initially iTunes syncing may not make too much sense, but after a while it just works. iTunes has not once deleted data and even it if would, I could just restore the backup from the day before. I rather sync too often than too little and it's not like syncing requires much input, just plug-in the USB cable into the computer, the rest is done automatically ;)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've reached the limit of my 32gb so I synch to iTunes when I want to change music or films and put on more books. I also do it when it's time for update but I haven't done the recent one because it's not really necessary stuff for me.

I don't have problems with iTunes and any errors have been mine. I dislike the photos part because it keeps duplicating, triplicating my photos and I now have too many of them on iPad but I couldn't be bothered because they don't take up much room.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I marked once a week, but that's in flux right now. About a week ago backups that used to take 10-15 minutes went to several hours. I figure that it's an app that's common to both the iPad and the iPhone, but I haven't been able to figure out which one. :confused:

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About once a week. I have a bunch of podcasts that is subscribe to that I need to update. If I didn't hate my laptop so much I may do it more often. I cant wait to get my office set up so I can buy a new desktop and have my computer more accessible,

Sent from my 32 GB wifi Ipad 2

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Over and over, every day.

But most of the time it's just to check my memory of the settings and menus before posting advice. I sync maybe once or twice a week, at the most.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rarely ever - maybe once every two months or so, and only to backup. Everything else I need to do on the iPad can be done on the iPad.

Most reactions