Hay Day Discussion and Game Help Thread (NO FRIEND REQUESTS)

Discussion in 'Hay Day Forum' started by 1million, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Holidae

Holidae
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    She should be good. I sold her about 10 or so.

2. 1million

1million
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Oh OK. Yeah its getting harder and harder to find building materials.

3. Holidae

Holidae
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I keep finding what I don't need. Harvesting all the crops at once yields material almost every time.

4. Cmarenburg

Cmarenburg
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    any one have nails, and or duck tape. my barn and silo is full, and i can not upgrade as i do not have ennough materials.

5. bikeguy637

bikeguy637
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    General Tip: Leveling Up Quickly

- Try to complete as many orders from the bulletin board as you can in a short period of time.
    - Trash orders that you can't complete within the next 1-2 production cycles.
    - Trash the orders that compete for the same items needed to complete another order. Keep the order that gives more xp.
    - Don't be afraid to trash many orders at once. New orders will pop up, hopefully ones that you can complete.
    - The experience you receive from completing orders is a big help in leveling up quickly.

#45 bikeguy637, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  6. joanna eglin

joanna eglin
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Hun, I can sell them now cheers!

7. 1million

1million
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I have nails. I used half my duct tape today. I can't find screws. Just like when I first started playing I kept getting screwed because I couldn't find screws. (LOL)

8. Cmarenburg

Cmarenburg
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Sweet, i would not be able to like 2 from you? I wish building materials were easier to come by!

9. Mossaik

Mossaik
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Some general tips from me:

*There's a reason the newspaper is full of listings for eggs; They sell for 450$ per 30 and Gregg comes by 24 hours after you list it to buy them. Keep most of your boxes full of these.
    *Building supplies don't stay listed for long, so if someone beats you to the sale, stick around for a minute to see if the seller lists more. I've cleaned out numerous people after missing the initial item because everyone else took off. (This goes for anyone selling anything for really good prices)
    *While you're waiting for new listings, have a look around the farm you're visiting. If you see a lockbox in the ground you can open them.
    *Be aggresive when purchasing from other players. If an item is listed for a good price buy it, even if you don't need it. You'll profit off of it at some point.
    *Don't be afraid to send your neighbors away unhappy. They tend to want stuff that takes forever to make or grow. I never sell them things that come from the loom because of the build time.
    *When cycling through the newspaper ads, always check out the people that have something other than eggs listed. They usually have other non egg items for sale as well so you may find something you need.
    *Don't spend diamonds on anything other than increasing your production limits. (wish I knew that a long time ago) Boxes aren't worth spending diamonds on.
    *Having lots of friends helps you sell more items per day. Jump over to the gamecenter thread and add some people.

Thats all I have for now, but I'm sure that's not all the good advice for this game. Hopefully this helps some of you guys out.

10. Holidae

Holidae
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    My one tip is simple but useful. Know the difference between advertising in the newspaper versus advertising to your friends.

In the picture below, I am advertising to the newspaper. Why is there an abundance of ads for eggs you wonder!? The answer is simple. Folks aren't aware of the difference between advertising to your friends and advertising to the paper.

There's a high probability that no one is going to purchase your 30 eggs at $450. Greg is going to buy those. So prior to selecting "put on sale", select "advertise" to remove the check mark so your item(s) willNOT be displayed in the paper. Keep it selected for the items you actually want to advertise.

There are so many egg ads because this concept is not considered.

Attached Files: