What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hay Day Discussion and Game Help Thread (NO FRIEND REQUESTS)

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread is the place to ask question or to chat about the game Hay Day.

Why is it every time I check the local newspaper and I click on one of the sale ads it takes me to the persons farm but I can't buy or see what their selling?

bikeguy637

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1million, it's because other people chased the same deal and they beat you to the sale. The market is in real time, so you gotta be quick. What I do after chasing a deal and missing it, is I park myself in front of the empty roadside stall, cry a little, and then wait for the farmer to put other stuff up for sale. Normally, when a person has good prices for one item, they have good prices for their other items.

cherry112, in the early game I found I made the most profit selling sugar cane to the townsfolk who visited my farm. Later in the game, when you upgrade to a bigger capacity barn and silo, you can make money buying bulk goods & crops from the market for low and selling to visiting townsfolk for high. This works because when the townsfolk visit your farm, they seem to prefer crops & goods you have the most in-stock of and the townsfolk increase their order accordingly depending on how many you have in stock. This is not always the case, but it seems to be a general trend. (Buy eggs for 5 each sell and sell to townsfolk for 10). Don't go crazy though, the crops/goods take up a lot of space in your barn/silo and may take a few hours to sell.

OP
1million

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. Thank. I'm having a hard time finding screws and bolts at a good price.

bikeguy637

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I accidentally stumbled upon this, but keep planting wheat and you are bound to stumble upon some building materials. I think the game gives x percentage chance of finding something every time you harvest. So keep planting that wheat!

OP
1million

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I lucked up just a few mins ago when my chicken feed was finished I clicked on it and got the one bolt I needed. Now only if I can find another screw.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello friends...I see that this game has become very popular here in the last few days.

Let's try to keep this on topic for Hay Day Discussion and Help...Please no Friend Requests. These will be deleted without warning.

Thanks and have a blast! :)

Skimonkey

kbird197

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all I'm a hayday fan and very addicted to it.
I was wondering what tips people can give RO make money faster.

Kerry

OP
1million

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ever since the behind the scenes update its harder to find build materials. Yesterday I was buying and selling a lot of building materials. I don't like how much they have increased the prices of everything. I'm currently level 15 and I feel sorry for the people who are just starting out. Now the newspaper is page after page of people selling eggs. This little update is taking the fun out of this game. Now people are hoarding certain supplies and not selling them. Whereas yesterday there was a variety of items for sale.

bikeguy637

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know! I feel more isolated! You have to be more of a self sufficient farmer now. All my upgrades to the farm have been deferred and I must now count all my seeds and make sure I have enough for next harvest or I'm out seeds for a very long time. To give the situation context, I just imagine the Hay Day world is in a recession and not many goods are up for sale anymore and the ones that remains are very expensive.

I emailed Supercell and they've been pretty good at emailing back. I told them about the egg situation and they're "scrambling" for a solution.

:p

Last edited:
OP
1million

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah my wife emailed them about the eggs and the rarity of building supplies and they responded fast.

bikeguy637

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hay Day Profit Matrix

I started compiling a list of crops & goods growth times and potential profit per minute on Google Docs. If anyone wants to help contribute, I made the document open to the public for edit. Feel free to fill in the holes:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkQrG9yHQT2adE9DcTN4MGZaSFFuX0xLODlaN3VnUWc (a work in progress)

***If you use the data to publish on your website/blog, please give credit to the contributors -thanks!

SAY824

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iman63 said:
Anyone having problems connecting to server

Yes I erased the game and reinstalled and still had problems I don't know what's going on

OP
1million

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good job Bikeguy. I made a sheet yesterday with just the suggested prices and max prices. I'll help work on the doc with you.

Yeah I'm having issues logging in all day long. Since yesterday it started.

Most reactions

Latest posts