What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I the only one not THRILLED with the new cover? (Case)

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:
The 3 iPad2s with Smart Covers that I've seen (including mine) do not cling to the back when folded. They are only designed to cling to the front. There's nothing wrong with yours.

Thanks, both of you. It's a return then. But I'll try to hold it long enough to get a 3rd party one.

If the hinge didn't cause it to slide back and forth a little bit I would keep it.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can fold it in half on itself and get it to stick together that way, then hold it with your left hand.

I'm a bit surprised people complain about the flap. It's not different than the Apple iPad 1 case that has the attached flap that just folded around the pack. It didn't attach unless you were putting it in the tab to make the triangle for typing.

I think I'll like the Smart Cover better as I prefer to use it naked if not typing, and it's easy to yank off. It was a pain to get the iPad 1 in and out of the original case.

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dmaul1114 said:
It's not different than the Apple iPad 1 case that has the attached flap that just folded around the pack.

I disagree. The Apple cover 1 never had this problem for me at all. It was the lack of the hinge. It didn't move back and forth a bit and that made it stay stuck even with my left hand. Also the material of it helped back to back instead of on the back surface of the iPad itself.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fair enough.

I'll see how I like it when my iPad 2 gets here Friday. I should be fine as I mainly like to use it naked anyway.

If I don't like the smartcover I'll just return it and just use only the neoprene sleeve I bought.

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dmaul1114 said:
I should be fine as I mainly like to use it naked anyway.

That is one thing it is great for! Apple's hype about removing and putting it back on were not kidding. I mean it really does align itself perfectly by just getting it near the iPad. That is really it's best feature so I'm sure you'll love it.

I like this part of it too. Even with it folded over the entire screen is exposed edge to edge. Makes it a cinch to wipe it off completely.

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dmaul1114 said:
I mainly like to use it naked anyway.

Well, in that case you will love it! Removing it and putting it back on is a cinch. When you get the case near the edge it snaps back up perfectly aligned as described on the Apple site.

uqmoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.whatcanyousaytosiri.com
I think that case is neat but I plan to get an old fashion leather case and screen protector. I want my ipad2 to still look brand new when I sell it right before ipad3 comes out.

mysticalman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the cases as well out of hype while it is a cool concept I just couldn't live with the fact that it leaves the back exposed and when the case is not covering the front I am not to happy with the fact that the case does not stick to the back of the case and just flopped around.

Needless to say I took both cases back.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my smart cover. It's pretty well made. Now for Thurs to get here so I have an iPad to put it on!

OP
B

Broseph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the cases as well out of hype while it is a cool concept I just couldn't live with the fact that it leaves the back exposed and when the case is not covering the front I am not to happy with the fact that the case does not stick to the back of the case and just flopped around.

Needless to say I took both cases back.

This is probably what i'll end up doing as soon as i get my iPad 2 (whenever it's in stock again....) Since i first posted this thread my perspective has changed some--maybe it's OKAY to let the back get scratched? as long as the glass is gaurded (and i'm sure the smartcover does a great job protecting it) does it even matter? I don't care if my iPod gets a little scuffed--why should i care more about the iPad. It's a tool/toy--not a museum artifact.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Again, I'm keeping mine (with smart cover on) in a neoprene laptop sleeve I bought at target to protect the back.

You can also fold the smart cover in half on the back and it will stick together, it will still flop around some but it's easier to hold and doesn't cover the rear camera that way.

deog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to find a third party back cover that will work with the smartcover. Haven't seen anything yet. Tentatively I'm going to get the Zagg full body kit.

take a look at this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeqVcD_7CRY[/ame]

Most reactions

Latest posts