What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I the only one not THRILLED with the new cover? (Case)

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the magnets may not be strong enough to work through it if it's a skin that covers the back or side (but that's probably not an issue) or the skin could stick out and make the magnet edge of the case not snap flat on the side of the iPad 2 (though I'd think you could trim the skin back around the attachments if needed).

Last edited:

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong--it's cool, but im worried about scratching the back. I also find it convenient (for apple) that my would-be choice of colors is only featured in leather ($69) vs. $39 for plastic. I'm interested to hear thoughts because as far as i've heard, everyone is in love with the cases.

cheers
The magnetic attachment just happens to offer quick on/off... slick IMO. Also the triangular stand is clever and effective. Accommodates the camera adapter which provide and SD slot ... great for photo transfer.

Since iPAD2 is a Xmas gift to my bride ... Blue works for her $39

The cover protects when you set it aside ... No one wants scratches on the case ...perhaps a thin adhesive armour films on the back would work.

Last edited:

elgerber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a slightly different note, do you think Apple will have any other cases for sale at the launch besides the smart cover? I am very impatient about such things LOL, and like to have something right away. I didn't use my Kindle for over a week after I got it, until I could get a cover and skin delivered.

unsyncable.com

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.unsyncable.com
On a slightly different note, do you think Apple will have any other cases for sale at the launch besides the smart cover? I am very impatient about such things LOL, and like to have something right away. I didn't use my Kindle for over a week after I got it, until I could get a cover and skin delivered.

LOL...impatience is a virtue, right?

elgerber

iPF Noob
Reaction score

LOL...impatience is a virtue, right?

If that the case then I am very virtous!!! I do this with everything I buy. Each Ipod (of which there have been many), Kindle, netbook, etc etc.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems easier to just not buy at launch and wait for more accessories from third parties to be available if you don't like the launch covers...

OP
B

Broseph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may have to wait to get my iPad 2 anyway--I'm a college student in the middle of nowhere without easy access to an apple store (not to mention im waiting on my tax return). Hopefully third party devs pump out some cases similar to the apple V1 case quickly.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a slightly different note, do you think Apple will have any other cases for sale at the launch besides the smart cover?

I'm just going to say, even if Apple do have other third-party cases on sale, I'd rather shop around for the same product because you're more likely to get it for a better price elsewhere. I've never seen Apple shop (online or in person) to offer an accessory at a lower price which was also available somewhere else.

elgerber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am still looking at potential cases, but I noticed tonight on Marwares website, they have a case that covers the back, that says it's compatible with the Apple Smart Cover...

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm planning on going with the Zagg skin for the back and apple's magic-magnet-flap on the front.

josun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one in the Internet mention about the metal part of the cover scratching the iPad's left side with frequent on and offs. That clicking sound from attaching the pair together, to me, sounds like a metal rubbing sound. Am I the only one who's concerned about this???

Reaction score
josun said:
I'm surprised that no one in the Internet mention about the metal part of the cover scratching the iPad's left side with frequent on and offs. That clicking sound from attaching the pair together, to me, sounds like a metal rubbing sound. Am I the only one who's concerned about this???

If the back, or rather side of iPad 2 is of the same material as iPad 1, then it will be almost impossible to scratch it with a non sharp
edge. The cover has rounded edges!

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My thoughts are this...

Zagg or OTHER protector for the back.

smart case for the front.

Possible 3rd party "cover" for when I don't need the camera.

Stick it in my net book bag for when I'm doing whatevers...

But the simple coolness of the case means it's a given I'll get one, even if I'm not thrilled with the color selections.

That said, there have been reports of scratching to the back of the iPad units - so don't be surprised if you get a ding or scratch on the back slapping that cover on and off and on and off.

Most reactions

Latest posts