Apple Case - Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by DavidNM, Jul 21, 2010.

1. CMFox

CMFox
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I too have other cases, and only use the apple case. We need a resale page on this forum to get rid of the cases we are no longer in love with.

CM

2. 4phun

4phun
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Keep Apple Case Clean

The Apple case is some kind of micro fiber material. It doesn't wipe off easily.

I have found that taking a paper towel with a generous amount of liquid soft soap and some water removes spots and dirt. Then wiping with another clean towel with just water to rinse, cleans the Apple case so no spots remain and it looks as good as new.

3. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I take my Apple case, about every 2 weeks, pull out my iPad, put it in the sink with some soapy water - give it a scrub with a sponge - and then pat dry and hang up for an hour. Good as new.

4. ilovemyipad

ilovemyipad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I haven't tried the official Apple case because the reviews were so bad. You have changed my mind and I think I will buy one. I have [ame="http://www.amazon.com/CTCstore-Leather-Jacket-tablet-display/dp/B003JKH3MQ/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1279849684&sr=8-13"]this[/ame] case and really like it. Does anyone know if the the Apple case will hold the iPad with a silicone skin? My current case does, but barely, it's really tight fit, but still works just fine.

5. 4phun

4phun
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I doubt it. The Apple case is extremely tight on the 3G.

6. avspatti

avspatti
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Apple case

I have the Apple case and really like it. Have never understood all the negative talk about it. Yes, it gets dusty and dirty if you really use your iPad, but that just shows how much gunk has been around without our ever noticing it before. Yuck!

Just wash it off with a little soap and water, and you're good to go.

I like the way it folds over and looks like a folder/book. Very slim and minimalistic.

7. CaptKirk

CaptKirk
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    i've got three cases and switch back to the Apple case when im packing for a motorcycle trip. I have a vinyl side pouch in my tour trunk and the Apple case fits in there like it was made for it. I like the ZooGue case as well but it is a bit bulky for packing in small spaces. The Apple case is a good all around, but not my favorite.

8. candafilm

candafilm
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I like mine for the most part. It doesn't work well with the keyboard dock so I have to take the iPad out of the case everyday. I also wish it would angle the iPad up a bit more but other than those two things I like it.

9. Darth Maniac

Darth Maniac
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I too have bought a number of cases and none match the design of the apple case.

BUT - I cant handle the dust. Its insane!!! It get all over the case and the screen.

What I want is a case exactly like the apple case but minus the "Dust out of nothing" effect. And perhaps slightly less "sharp" edges.

Anyone know of one?

10. iDharma

iDharma
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    You put the iPad in the sink with soapy water? Oh no! :D Just kidding.

I've found soap/water work quite nicely to de-schmutz my Apple case.