Apple Case - Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by DavidNM, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Prasius

Prasius
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I like the apple case (see my post in the other thread) - but it's not suitable for all occasions I'll admit. I'd quite like an otter box myself...

2. Mjhudston

Mjhudston
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    i love the apple case.

3. Azieser

Azieser
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    They were sold out of the official Apple case so I bought a Targus case that is really wonderful in design. It folds up to make an adjustable stand plus when it is folded down looks like the notebooks I used to carry around before computers were all the rage. It has lots of padding and I am considering purchasing another just like it before they are all gone.

4. frankdawsonjr

frankdawsonjr
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I love the Apple case also. There is something elegant about it that the other cases just don't have IMHO. I agree about it getting dusty all the time though, i am constantly wiping it off with a damp rag!

Frank

5. AVService

AVService
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I got an Apple case yesterday with another iPad I had to get and I will say it is not as bad as I thought it was before really using it for myself.

It does get/Look dirty easily for sure.
    I like how minimal it seems and keeps the iPad feeling small and sleek even while providing some protection.
    It also feels cheap to me and easily ripped or broken?
    Differnt than the Otterbox,ZooGue and Belkin Skin I have used but I can see a reason to keep it too.

So many choices,so little time(and money)!

Ed

6. mikeproctor

mikeproctor
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have used the apple case since getting an iPad and case on day one. What I want is a case the props up the iPad at the same angle as the apple case in portrait mode as well as landscape. There are several games that only work in portrait mode and the apple always seems crooked no matter how you lay it in portrait mode.

7. GrendelPrime

GrendelPrime
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Still waiting on my case to arrive from Apple, I carry the iPad naked in the meantime.
    The back has a few minor scratches from less-than-sterile table surfaces, but I carry it and use it daily, that's expected.
    I scoff at Harley Davidson owners that are afraid to take their bike out of the garage in the same way.

8. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Apparently you don't hang around any Corvette forums (and why would you if you don't own one?) There are guys who will spend $40-50,000 on a car and only put 4-5,000 miles on it a year! They only drive it on weekends and will never EVER drive it in the rain... ever! There is one guy who has a 1991 with only (are you sitting down?) 20,000 miles on it! To me, the joy is driving a Corvette, not owning one!

Oh crap! I am in an iPad forum. Sorry!

Back to your regularly scheduled topic.

9. mikeproctor

mikeproctor
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

I want a case because of the way it positions the ipad for viewing not for keeping it scratch free. I don't like using it lying flat. Can anyone show me a case that puts the ipad at the same approximate angle in both landscape and portriat? Everything I see in portrait mode is almost vertical...

10. CaptKirk

CaptKirk
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I think the ZooGue case works very well for adjustability. I haven't seen anything yet that matches this yet