Am I the only one not THRILLED with the new cover? (Case)

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Broseph, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Tarkio

Tarkio
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Mine doesn't do that either. It's leather, does that make a difference? I guess I'll figure out how to post on YouTube and make a video demo.

2. Torria

Torria
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I think we need to be fair to the smart cover. I don't think it was designed to be true protection for the device itself. I don't remember seeing it marketed that way either. I believe it's suppose to simply cover the screen. That is all. Comparing it to a true protective case is like comparing apples and oranges. It simply is what it is. I happen to like the smart cover but as many others here I also put it in a truly protective cover for transporting to and from my office. If you are not happy with your smart cover simply return it and get what makes you happy. Soon the market will be flooded with covers and case in all colors styles, materials ect ect.

3. ipaduser434

ipaduser434
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Nor does mine. The cover stays flush against the screen. Tried that trick three times and each time it held.

While I haven't read all the previous pages to this thread, I'm very happy with the smart cover. Might even move up to leather in the future.

4. D Roc

D Roc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I like the smart cover just for around the house. I don't expect it to protect my iPad so majority of the day the pad is in a hard case. Either way, the smart cover is pretty neat. I really dont think the price of them really matters. If you have the money to buy an iPad then spending $40 shouldn't be a problem.

5. Ryan Koh

Ryan Koh
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The iPad2 cover looks really cool from the advertisement. However, I still prefer the traditional cover for iPad1. It is those kind where I can still put my business cards in the slot behind the cover.

I think Apple is being very creative by packing the cover into its commercial and make it so desirable! :)

Waiting for my FREE iPad2!

6. badphish

badphish
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    i fold my smart case the opposite way with the micro fiber insides and the vinyl asthe stand surface.

7. Broseph

Broseph
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    to anyone with a smartcover: does it actually clean the surface of the glass? I know it's soft material, but how can it clean without movement?? that's like a paper towel that claims to clean windows without wiping. It doesn't seem possible

8. Tarkio

Tarkio
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    It does clean some of the screen if you carry it around all day like I do to meetings. You can see what's been cleaned by the stripes of finger oil that are still on the screen where the inside of the cover has indentations for the folds. Those areas do not contact the screen.

9. Clemdog

Clemdog
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    "It does clean some of the screen if you carry it around all day like I do to meetings. You can see what's been cleaned by the stripes of finger oil that are still on the screen where the inside of the cover has indentations for the folds. Those areas do not contact the screen."

I've got to agree with this. It somehow seems to minimize the fingerprints that always covered the screen on my iPad 1.

10. cherhall

cherhall
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I just got some scratch protection for the back of my iPad :) The TINK looks red/orange in the picture but is actually the same pink as my iPad 2 cover.

Attached Files: