1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Apple Case - Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by DavidNM, Jul 21, 2010.

1. DavidNM

DavidNM iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK - so I got my iPad on the first day - and I now have 5 cases for it. I currently have:

- Marware Ecoview
    - CIMO gel case
    - Belkin rubberized case
    - Dodocase
    - Apple standard case

Each time I put a new case on my iPad I end up, within a few days, going back to the Apple case. I guess it's because of all of the negative press I've read about the case on this forum - I'm beginning to think I'm a defective person.

I love the feel, look, flexibility and form factor of the Apple case. The ease moving from typing / landscape to standing up. How it makes the iPad feel very thin yet protected.

Am I the only one with these thoughts? Perhaps it might make sense for Apple to take it's current case and manufacture with different materials and colors.
  2. Silken

Silken iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I must admit I'm not keen on the official case at all, it seems a little flimsy...
  3. robsoule

robsoule iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I purchased my iPad on launch day and got the Apple case. I have not been impressed with any other case for the money. A skin for $49 by Belkin??? I think the Apple case is perfect and fairly priced. $39 gets you a nice, classy case that protects your iPad investment, looks like you are carrying a book/small folder with you, protects the screen when closed and the cover folds back to form an elevated platform, perfect for typing.
  4. pallentx

pallentx iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I have done this in the past with various gadgets, but so far, I have resisted. There are about 10 or so different cases I want to buy - I am particularly a sucker for the fine leather, hand-crafted type.

So far I just have a fairly cheap leather one I carry when I'm out. When I'm at work or home, I've been taking it out of the case and going naked. ;)
  5. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I've seen several other cases and the apple case is the best. Damn near impossible to get, but the best.
  6. Big Daddy

Big Daddy iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm using a fake leather case from Incase. It is more bulky than i'd prefer, but the official apple case just didn't seem to be sturdy enough.
  7. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    The Apple case it ugly but the design is just right.
    The quirky lip is a good shock absorber for falling damage.
    It just works like the pad itself.....
  8. 4phun

4phun iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Apple Case Well Designed

I agree the Apple case is very well designed. Yes, I wish it had the look and smell of leather, but I am not about to give up the Apple case for a fancy leather case that isn't as functional. I also like the fact the Apple case also looks like a black binder and few of the hoodlums around Atlanta know what I am actually carrying. There fore it could be said the Apple case also adds a measure of physical saftey to using the iPad.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  9. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Yeah, a black binder with an apple logo.
  10. 4phun

4phun iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    No one notices Apple Logo on Apple iPad Case

The issue of carrying an iPad is recognized even by Apple. A friend in NY at the Apple store was asked to put her new iPad in her purse after the Apple clerk removed it from the original box for safety.

No one notices the Apple logo unless they are really close and examining what doesn't look all that interesting otherwise.
  11. CMFox

CMFox iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I too have other cases, and only use the apple case. We need a resale page on this forum to get rid of the cases we are no longer in love with.

CM
  12. 4phun

4phun iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Keep Apple Case Clean

The Apple case is some kind of micro fiber material. It doesn't wipe off easily.

I have found that taking a paper towel with a generous amount of liquid soft soap and some water removes spots and dirt. Then wiping with another clean towel with just water to rinse, cleans the Apple case so no spots remain and it looks as good as new.
  13. DavidNM

DavidNM iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I take my Apple case, about every 2 weeks, pull out my iPad, put it in the sink with some soapy water - give it a scrub with a sponge - and then pat dry and hang up for an hour. Good as new.
  14. ilovemyipad

ilovemyipad iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I haven't tried the official Apple case because the reviews were so bad. You have changed my mind and I think I will buy one. I have [ame="http://www.amazon.com/CTCstore-Leather-Jacket-tablet-display/dp/B003JKH3MQ/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1279849684&sr=8-13"]this[/ame] case and really like it. Does anyone know if the the Apple case will hold the iPad with a silicone skin? My current case does, but barely, it's really tight fit, but still works just fine.
  15. 4phun

4phun iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I doubt it. The Apple case is extremely tight on the 3G.
  16. avspatti

avspatti iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Apple case

I have the Apple case and really like it. Have never understood all the negative talk about it. Yes, it gets dusty and dirty if you really use your iPad, but that just shows how much gunk has been around without our ever noticing it before. Yuck!

Just wash it off with a little soap and water, and you're good to go.

I like the way it folds over and looks like a folder/book. Very slim and minimalistic.
  17. CaptKirk

CaptKirk iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    i've got three cases and switch back to the Apple case when im packing for a motorcycle trip. I have a vinyl side pouch in my tour trunk and the Apple case fits in there like it was made for it. I like the ZooGue case as well but it is a bit bulky for packing in small spaces. The Apple case is a good all around, but not my favorite.
  18. candafilm

candafilm iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like mine for the most part. It doesn't work well with the keyboard dock so I have to take the iPad out of the case everyday. I also wish it would angle the iPad up a bit more but other than those two things I like it.
  19. Darth Maniac

Darth Maniac iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I too have bought a number of cases and none match the design of the apple case.

BUT - I cant handle the dust. Its insane!!! It get all over the case and the screen.

What I want is a case exactly like the apple case but minus the "Dust out of nothing" effect. And perhaps slightly less "sharp" edges.

Anyone know of one?
  20. iDharma

iDharma iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You put the iPad in the sink with soapy water? Oh no! :D Just kidding.

I've found soap/water work quite nicely to de-schmutz my Apple case.