What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wish I wouldn't have downloaded 4.3.1

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update - I started then cancelled update. It said FIVE HOURS. JUST CANT BE RIGHT TO EXPECT US TO DO THIS. And my internet is as fast as usual which is fine for everything else. Ast update was same time and screwed me up.

Had two options - Download and update OR Download. Tried both and both gave this time to complete.
Forgetting it now. If I ever need update will visit the Genius's and get them to do it, or not. Nonsense, pure nonsense all this.
S

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Raptorace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This update is a nightmare! Don't risk it.....
My IPad has taken it ok, but my IPhone 4 has so many problems. Screen freeze, apps won't open, keys stick on giving you lines and lines of the same letter for no reason, when trying to open apps it thinks I'm trying to start "wobbly icon" delete/move option and when it does let me open apps and i open safari it's ruined totally, can't even use bookmarks. Tried restore and re install and same problems!

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My IPAD 1 came preinstalled with v4.2. I then upgraded to v4.3.1. No problems as of the upgrade date. The total update took no more than a few minutes.

Last edited:

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are the problems related to iPad 1 or iPad 2 - or both? I've got a week-old Gen 2, 32 GB, 3G which works just fine.

First Apple product. Was I naive to think there'd be no update angst, ala Microsoft? Should I retain my attitude of: if it's not broken - don't fix it?

How disappointing.

Reaction score
I have dsl, it said it would take 4 hours so I waited until bed time, let it do it's thing, finished when I got up the next morning. Did this on my Ipad 1 the day it came out. No problems, no resets.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did run into one issue. I noticed about a day after the upgrade that all my photos, eBooks, music and videos were gone from the iPad (and the "manually sync my music and videos" had been unchecked), so I had to re-sync them from iTunes. Not sure why or when it happened, and fortunately nothing was permanently lost - but an annoyance nonetheless.

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
I did run into one issue. I noticed about a day after the upgrade that all my photos, eBooks, music and videos were gone from the iPad (and the "manually sync my music and videos" had been unchecked), so I had to re-sync them from iTunes. Not sure why or when it happened, and fortunately nothing was permanently lost - but an annoyance nonetheless.

How weird that all these strange things happen. Why? And each of us gets differing results from same actions.

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, as a final check I connected to see how long the update be this time and surprisingly it said 87 minutes - down from estimate of 5 hours last time I connected, before I cancelled out of it right away and it was 4 hours before this when I cancelled it also. Prior update that I went ahead with was also 4 hours before having loads trouble.
So being this short I let it run its course and all is good. 4.3.1 loaded. Think I am right to avoid these long proposed updates though and wait until a reasonable time option is estimated.
The only setting change that may have helped is that I set the Restrictions to disable today so not in effect. May not have been this though but cant understand why it changed so much.
Big relief.
S

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My IPAD SYNCS like in the most time 10 minutes. That is SYNCING any new songs, photographs and anything else that goes along with re SYNCING the IPAD.

Sent from my iPad 32gb WIFI 3G 1st generation.

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OneMarcil said:
My IPAD SYNCS like in the most time 10 minutes. That is SYNCING any new songs, photographs and anything else that goes along with re SYNCING the IPAD.

Sent from my iPad 32gb WIFI 3G 1st generation.

Mine maybe a little less, 5-6 mins to sync. The above was the Download & Update.
S

rhex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YES, I wish Ihadn't downloaded 4.3.1

Anybody else wish they hadn't downloaded and having problems with 4.3.1?

My iPhone4's Safari is running, maybe, half as fast as 4.2. I'm losing wifi connection in my house constantly. I've entered and re-entered my router password when prompted repeatedly. I even tried resetting network settings to no avail.

My iPad1 is much, much slower. Internet is now even slower than my iPhone. Having problems playing video. Ugh.

Have been a fan of Apple and had no problems with phone or iPad until now. Hugely frustrated. Would like to toss both out the window right now.

Any suggestions? Is it time to go to the Apple store? But what will I say, It's just not as good as it was?

Oh I'm so agree with you - biggest mistake ever....
My IPad is so slow, the apps doesn't work properly - it just seems that they abort after a few sec/min - and I have to start all over again.

Does anybody now if Apple will fix this BUGS soon!!!

:(

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes long a$$ update times and bugs/issues found from various issues= why I don't need to update..lmao. People, you don't have to update every single time there's an upgrade. Like 4.3 to 4.3.1 is pointless. All it did was patch up a jail brake exploit that your device now can't use..lol. I wait until the real major changes are made. 4.2.1 works fine for me on my u tethered jailbreak. 4.3 was just a bunch of hype. New safari speeds is hardly any noticeable difference faster. Only on certain webpages with lots of JavaScript. To much hassle to be going through update every other week or every 2 weeks. It always brings issues. Proof is in the tons of posts by members having problems. Unless its a serious game changing update or adding some real deal features, I can wait. I don't like my iPad to have downtime as I use it 24/7. Once 4.3.1 untethered jailbreak releases for iPad 1 , I still might not update. No reason to really. My browser speeds are fast and I have no issues or problems. Ipad2 needs a new jailbreak it's own so once the untethered 4.3.1 jailbreak drops, it won't work with ipad2, as its hardware is different. I might just wait till IOS5'to update ! That'll be reason enough ;-) IMO

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think my iPad's performance meter showed a few notches of improvements and seriously loving the rotation lock button back home. I also faced frequent wi-fi drops for the first few days but later on after a few irritational reboots and a network reset my iPad is performing fine. Noticeable annoyances are, Appstore seems to be a bit slower at times,no jailbreak yet so no themes and tweaks,no awesome gestures yet so all the aha uhu and drooling went to waste,brightness doesn't want to go as dark as it used to be on 3.2.2 and what else. Well I'll see if I find something else.

And yes changing my wi-fi access password did solve wi-fi problems in older versions of iOS,may be you can try that.

Thanks

Most reactions