What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wish I wouldn't have downloaded 4.3.1

Barkley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody else wish they hadn't downloaded and having problems with 4.3.1?

My iPhone4's Safari is running, maybe, half as fast as 4.2. I'm losing wifi connection in my house constantly. I've entered and re-entered my router password when prompted repeatedly. I even tried resetting network settings to no avail.

My iPad1 is much, much slower. Internet is now even slower than my iPhone. Having problems playing video. Ugh.

Have been a fan of Apple and had no problems with phone or iPad until now. Hugely frustrated. Would like to toss both out the window right now.

Any suggestions? Is it time to go to the Apple store? But what will I say, It's just not as good as it was?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody else wish they hadn't downloaded and having problems with 4.3.1?

My iPhone4's Safari is running, maybe, half as fast as 4.2. I'm losing wifi connection in my house constantly. I've entered and re-entered my router password when prompted repeatedly. I even tried resetting network settings to no avail.

My iPad1 is much, much slower. Internet is now even slower than my iPhone. Having problems playing video. Ugh.

Have been a fan of Apple and had no problems with phone or iPad until now. Hugely frustrated. Would like to toss both out the window right now.

Any suggestions? Is it time to go to the Apple store? But what will I say, It's just not as good as it was?

I think you implied that you'd reset your network settings but, just to be sure, one of our Forum moderators suggested this...

"This has resolved many issues and worth a try.
- Sometimes after you perform a upgrade from say iOS 3. to iOS 4.2 *the iPad or iPhone wifi or 3G speeds *may be slow.*
- This is an easy fix which does work. Please do the following:
1. Go to Settings->General->Reset
2. Then select "Reset Network Settings" (this will not erase ur devices content, music, videos, email, etc. It will only erase any WiFi networks you have defined).
3. Once your device completes the action and gives you the normal home screen or Passcode screen, go ahead and power your device down and once you are sure the device is fully powered down wait an additional 60sec to allow internal components to fully discharge.
4. After the 60sec is up, power on your device again and re-add any encrypted WiFi networks you had defined.
5. Enjoy the "back to normal" WiFi and 3G speeds like you had prior to the OS upgrade.*

Col

col.bris, Brisbane Australia

Forum Rules. Please Read."

I guess, too, that you've done (probably several!) power off - on cycles too..

It's strange because most users have reported a much better performance in most areas - even going from 4.2 to 4.3.1 without the intermediate 4.3 step, which did seem to have quite a few issues.

Keep in touch and we'll see what other suggestions come up. It's clear there are members out there who are not having problems with the update - several reporting improved performance even on an iPad1, so there must be something that we can 'fix' here....

Tim
Scotland

OP
B

Barkley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I read about Reset Network Settings here earlier tonight. I tried it on both phone and IPad with no luck. And tried power on/off cycles. Grrr...

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yikes!
green.gif

Thanks for the warning - I was about to download it. However, I suspect there's a simple solution one of the guys here will point out, so I'll wait for them to chime in...

Edit: LOL, I'm too slow, Tim's already on the case!

Last edited:
OP
B

Barkley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried resetting network again just for the heck of it:

iPad still taking twice as long to load webpages. Earlier today, Pandora was skipping stuttering short pauses thru songs. 5 minute videos are taking forever to load, buffer, etc if they load and play at all.

After re-establishing wifi connection on iPhone and it subsequently goes to sleep, I wake it up and there's no wifi again. Try to connect and it says I can't join. Wait 30 seconds, try again, it connects.

Never had any problems with last OS.

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, I was just about to download and remembered last time when my ad was totally screwed up until I turned off McAphee firewall. So I synced normally to have everythng up to date just in case, then turned off firewall and started update. HOWEVER, it said would take 4 hours...thinking this is too long and a little weird I cancelled out.

All working fine but not sue what to do.
Is this 4 hour time the usual length to udate - as this was how long is said last update before my issues started.
S

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stephen19 said:
Oh, I was just about to download and remembered last time when my ad was totally screwed up until I turned off McAphee firewall. So I synced normally to have everythng up to date just in case, then turned off firewall and started update. HOWEVER, it said would take 4 hours...thinking this is too long and a little weird I cancelled out.

All working fine but not sue what to do.
Is this 4 hour time the usual length to udate - as this was how long is said last update before my issues started.
S

Anyone downloaded latest update 4.3.1 and how long did it take? Any prokems with it.?
Just noticed my current verion 4.3(8F190) ?
Thanks
S

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I haven't been able to use the iPadForum app since loading 4.3.1. I may not have waited long enough for the page/server, and am now doing the Network Reset thing in hopes it will work for me. Fortunately I have my wife's iPad to sue until there is a better solution.

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems to be problems for everyone when uploading. So is the best thing to avoid this upload..?
Has NOBODY had a fault free upload? The only reports all say *trouble*
S

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
I ran the update Friday night and have had no issues since. I haven not noticed any slow down in general surfing, gaming or streaming (audio or video).

Have you reset your modems and routers?

And, 8 or so people is hardly "everyone."

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just installed the update within the past hour and no problems here.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated to 4.3.1 last night, took about 20-25 mins, everything's working fine, no issues as yet.

OP
B

Barkley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I haven't reset my modems or routers. I guess I can, no problem. But why would I have to? Just trying to understand the logic.

Most reactions

Latest posts