What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wish I wouldn't have downloaded 4.3.1

Marabou Muddler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded it yesterday. No problems until tonight when my iPad 1 started running really slow. Powered off and then back on and now it is fine - back to normal speed.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
having problems here. my ipad although connected (icon is there) but when I use safari, and other apps that requires internet. it says im not connected. this is the worse update i've ever had.
I will try the suggestion above, hope it'll restore everything back to normal.

SueSchus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At least you still have a working iPad. My iPad won't take the update (unknown error 1602) and doesn't work at all. This also happened when I tried the last update slightly over two weeks ago. (Yes, I should have known.) So a n o t h e r trip to the Apple store tomorrow. The people at the "Genius Bar" fixed it last time - but then I had to go home and 'restore' it which took some time. I do know that it is imperative that you sync before you update!

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To kick it out of the 1602 error, download and install i-Reb or TinyUmbrella. This will kick your device out of recovery when you get some iTunes errors, yours being one of them.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I haven't reset my modems or routers. I guess I can, no problem. But why would I have to? Just trying to understand the logic.

im not sure if this works. coz it didnt definitely work on my side. :mad:

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the news. Some good at last! Seems hit and miss, when I said "everyone" I was correct, out of all comments, all were having trouble at that point.
Noone has said how long the update should take. My first try said FOUR HOURS which made me hit the cancel tab. How long please should it show when doin t properly?
Thnaks
S

Sent from my iPad using iPF

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i wish i had held off on 3gs its running like crap now, so im glad i am waiting to upgrade ipad.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No problems at all here with any upgrades....no resets to anything necessary. I cannot remember how long it took...maybe an hour, but is it not the speed of our Internet connection that determines time to download?

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the 4.3 loaded
Have had lots of issues the pages on Internet and some programs just close down for no reason at all.
Do I need to up grade to 4.3.1?
Should I try the network reset?
Don't want any further hassles
Ozzie chick.

ChileRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad downloaded fine, wife's 3gs downloaded fine, MY 3gs, not so fine, reset Network setting as mentioned earlier and everything is now just dandy, perhaps a bit dandier!

SueSchus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I wrote yesterday, my iPad would not take the update and died - second update attempt in two weeks with same results. I took my iDead to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store today. A Genius updated it and brought it back to iPad status. Suggested I disable the firewall before updating in the future. OR bring it to the store and they will update it there, which is what I will probably do in the future. (The Apple Store is in a very nice area of shops - need I say more.) Life is good again. :)

OP
B

Barkley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, Somerled! I reset my modem and all seems to be working fine. Internet loading at fast speeds and have had no problems with video stuttering or pausing. All seems well so far. I never would have thought to reset the modem. And I still am unsure why I would have to, but I really don't care.

Many thanks again!!!

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
everything works fine now after resetting network twice. and restarting routers for about 10 times.
it takes effort but im just glad my ipad1 and iphone4 are working fine now. i
dont see any significant changes though.

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just reading all this is pretty shocking really isnt it?
Brand new techie thing that gets uodated by its master sometimes but these updates cause loads of problems...
Why on earth should Apple send stuff down the line that is not 100% safe and working and is actually for improvements. No all this worry before connecting.
Its a nonsense isnt it. Apple should sort it out. Meanwhile I will be giving update a go shortly, eek.
S

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's why I stayed with good ol 4.2.1. Never had any issues at all with it. For starters I hate the long iTunes sync process. Then none of these new updates bring any game changing features to make me wanna upgrade yet. Plus there's an untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1 "only", at the present time. I might just wait for iOS 5 ;-) lol
Good luck people getting your iPads back on the right track with this new update. I'm sure 4.3.2 will be released soon that fixes most probes. With 4.3.1...lmao

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

Most reactions

Latest posts