What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the iPad 3 be 3D?

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_2_3.JPG

According to a news story on RCRWireless, Apple is planning to make the next version of the iPad fully 3D! RCR’s sources in Hollywood have told them that a 3D iPad 3 is a “dead cert.†The source also told them that people at the big Hollywood film studios are currently falling over themselves to get 3D content ready for Apple to use in the iPad 3. Even more tellingly, RCR has had word from Foxconn that a 3D iPad is on the way. Don’t forget it was sources at Foxconn that leaked details of the iPad 2 very early on. RCR points out that many of Apple’s rivals are also looking to incorporate 3D technology in their tablets, with RIM’s PlayBook already supporting 3D video when connected to a 3D-enabled TV via HDMI and viewed with glasses. You could imagine that Apple would want to go further than that with glasses-less 3D, but would you actually want that on a tablet?

Source: Hot Rumor: Apple iPad 3 to be fully 3D | RCR Unplugged, via MacRumors

Mynameisparrish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
God I hope not... That will kill the battery. Not to mention give me a splitting headache.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't want 3D. It's such a gimmic. I just want an iPad 3 with a retina display, more memory more power and longer battery life.

Lopan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3d? I hope not, I would rather just see a high resolution screen paired with much better camera's.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think it will come with 3D or retina display...iPad 4 is probably when a retina quality of screen will appear.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think apple would do this to the iPad. Perhaps they will make a new device that will have 3D to generate additional revenue stream.

celsius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but would you actually want that on a tablet?

but would you actually want that on a tablet?

Yes I do. Not actually on a tablet specifically, but on a similar sized diplay for glasses-less 3D viewing.

Most reactions