What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are 3D capabilities in store for the iPhone 5 and iPad 4?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
ipad-3d.jpg

Maybe you are fan of the latest 3D technology or maybe you are not. The truth is the tech market has been up and down about its implementation of 3D into its products as well. Gadgets featuring 3D are available on the market, probably because 3D movies have been drawing attention to the feature lately. Also a few smartphones have decided to implement the 3D capability.

Recently, Android smartphones have employed 3D aspects, but the new devices haven’t really caught the eye of the public. Google has already launched the HTC Evo 3D model plus the LG Optimus 3D, but so far they have not been a big hit. That doesn’t mean the Cupertino company is discouraged. Not by a long shot. Actually Apple has posted a job entry on Apple’s careers website stating that they are looking for an iOS Software Engineer. The applicant must be experienced in multi-view stereo system, three dimensional renovation, cameras and surfaces inside a three dimensional atmosphere.

The job listing keeps silent regarding what gadgets upon which Apple is planning to implement these 3D capabilities. There is a chance that the next generation iPhone might see these improvements, or even a future iPad might get the 3D upgrade at some point. There’s even a slight chance that Apple might implement 3D into a future Apple iTV, but for now it is just speculation. We will keep you informed if we hear something more. What do you guys think? Would you like to see 3D implemented into the next iDevice?

Source: Apple readying 3D capabilities for iPhone 5 and iPad 3? | News | TechRadar

By Radu

chasfh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think 3-D is every bit the fad it was in the 50s and 60s. I think by 2015 nothing will be manufactures with the 3-d option. Maybe even sooner.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chasfh said:
I think 3-D is every bit the fad it was in the 50s and 60s. I think by 2015 nothing will be manufactures with the 3-d option. Maybe even sooner.

Most people would disagree with you. But why do you think 3D is a fad?
I think once glasses are eliminated as a necessity to view 3D then you will not be able to get a device without it. Don't count on this happening for 8-12 years.

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most people would disagree with you. But why do you think 3D is a fad?
I think once glasses are eliminated as a necessity to view 3D then you will not be able to get a device without it. Don't count on this happening for 8-12 years.

Agree, once we get decent 3D without the need for glasses, it will become very popular.

Most reactions

Latest posts