What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Says 3D Maps Will be on iOS

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

9to5 Mac reports today that Google has just announced at its Google Maps event in San Francisco that its new enhanced 3D maps experience is going to be released on iOS. This is despite the fact that Apple is said to be replacing Google’s version of Maps in iOS with its own version, complete with 3D option, in time for iOS 6, which could be announced next week. When questioned at today’s event about Apple’s intentions to replace Google Maps in iOS, Google representatives simply reiterated that they will be bringing the “full maps experience†to all platforms. 9to5 Mac adds that Google may well try to ensure that Maps stays on iOS in some form at least by inserting it into the Google Earth iOS app, or even of course releasing a separate Google Maps app for iOS, even if Apple does decide to replace the current version with its own model. There’s nothing to stop you having as many Maps apps on your iOS device as you want, of course, although doubtless Apple will only allow its own Maps app to be the default one, just as with Safari being the only possible default browser currently in iOS.

Source: Google’s new 3D maps coming to iOS in coming weeks | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Last edited by a moderator:

Stone10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am waiting for Googles 3D Maps on IOS. I think if Googles 3D Maps are come on IOS then the map will be more realistic and easy to find locations. So, really its a great news. Thanks for this news.

SKP1001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Google Maps in 3D will be a wonderful addition. This will enhance our mapping options as well as provide additional user benefits. Thank you for sharing the news of this release with us.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont really know what the maps thing it about. It's ok apple bringing there own version out but at the end of the day google maps will always be around to use. And it's not even a big deal. Who uses maps all the time anyway? I use it but to often.

Sent from my iPad 3

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's a breach of privacy storm brewing over the Apple maps app which will be launched later this week.

I'm not sure whether reporters are trying to sell newspapers again, but the reported detail of the images seems incredible, if not worrying.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Most reactions

Latest posts