What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi only ipad. Regrets?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Cool! I'll look into it then. What are the prices. By the way, have you noticed random threads lately?

I thought it was just me, I replied to one of the random messages, in the UK thread I think but by the time my response showed up the random post was gone!

The Archangel

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, was never in my requirements. Don't need to *always* be on the internet, or have a bigger mobile data bill. Most places I go as well as at home I have more than adequate wifi hotspot coverage, and already have GPS on both smartphone and in the car.

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No regrets for me. After more than a month with my new iPad it has yet to leave the house, though I've been on it every day since it arrived. If at some point I need to use it elsewhere, where there isn't a good wireless signal available, I'll get a myfi or a phone that I can hotspot. By the time that happens we might be on 4g anyway and I'd rather have fewer gadgets obsoleted by advancing technology than more since I don't tend to replace them for upgrade's sake.

ps249

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No regrets here. I use mine mostly in my house. If I want, I can take it to Barnes and Noble, local library, or MCDonalds. I also do not need another $30 monthly internet bill for 3G.

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Catfiend said:
No regrets for me. After more than a month with my new iPad it has yet to leave the house, though I've been on it every day since it arrived.

And then my wife comes along and reminds me that I need to take her to an appointment from which she won't be able to drive home due to anesthetic. So, an hour or so after penning that my iPad is getting ready to leave home for the first time :) I wonder if they have wifi at the office for while I'm waiting? No problem if they don't as I've got a backlog of books to read and music to listen to to block out the dentist's drills <shudder>.

Trea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No regrets here. The few times I have needed access where there was no wifi I just tethered via my phone.

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone regret buying the wifi only iPad?

I just got my wifi only model this morning :D and I don't have any regrets whatsoever! I choose the wifi only model b/c I didn't want to deal with paying an additional cell phone bill and having to deal with cell dropouts.

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone regret buying the wifi only iPad?

Just out of curiosity, why are you asking the question? Did you buy a wifi only model and are you now regretting it. Or do you ask the question b/c you're trying to make a decision as to buy the wifi model or not?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Appsempire said:
Just out of curiosity, why are you asking the question? Did you buy a wifi only model and are you now regretting it. Or do you ask the question b/c you're trying to make a decision as to buy the wifi model or not?

Hmm! Good point!

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont regret my wifi only ipad1, infact this is what i wanted as i dont want to deal with additional 3g data bills. On top of that i knew i would only use the ipad at home where i got wifi, and before buying i checked the ipad out many times at regent street and covent garden apple store. Inremember how i disliked carrying my laptop several years ago, its the same now with the ipad, dont like carrying such things, got my iphone 3g for that (bus times, tube times, weather, )

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No regrets. I usually use it at home. I download USA Today, Wall Street Journal, etc before I go and I have books aplenty left to read if I need it to pass time away from home. (Must not forget games) For traveling I have found lots of wifi spots and have GPS in the car. I can wait for email and Facebook access.

OP
N

nashyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Appsempire said:

I have a wifi only model, and I'm disappointed with a lack of gps. I was hoping to tag gps metadata to images I took with the iPad, wherever I was in the world.

I understand that you get some sort of location data, but it's not impressive. That's the only disappointment. No big regret.

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nashyo said:
I have a wifi only model, and I'm disappointed with a lack of gps. I was hoping to tag gps metadata to images I took with the iPad, wherever I was in the world.

I understand that you get some sort of location data, but it's not impressive. That's the only disappointment. No big regret.

I knew that going in but still would like to have GPS, it just wasn't worth the money to me. Someone else mentioned the Bad Elf GPS, which I would definitely do if I had one of the later iPod Touches as that would be the ideal (from my standpoint) portable GPS when doing things where I don't want something the size of the iPad along (the bike, mainly.)

Most reactions

Latest posts