What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G ipad. Regrets?

ps249

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone regret getting an ipad with 3G? I know a few people who bought one and don't even use it.

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me, although I thought I would need it and now turns out I won't all that much, for $129, I rather have it than not.
When I had my iPad wifi, I regretted not getting the 3G and I think that felt worse.

Mimshacktee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 3G with absolutely no regrets. I did a jailbreak and now teether my internet access to my windows laptop, pocket Pc, blackberry phone. I now need only one plan for everything. Where I stay I don't really have wifi access so it's just the bomb for me.

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although I have stopped using the 3G in my iPad Classic, I am still happy to have it. I can remove my sim from the MIFI in case I need to use the 3G. I do this when there is no means of powering the MIFI and it's battery is drained. Another reason for using 3G is to limit the usage of Internet bandwidth in my home.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
I've had both 3g and wifi only and saw no difference except I feel better about my wife having 3g if she would need it since she doesn't have anything to hotspot off of, like I do, if need be.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

desaun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No regrets here. Don't have WiFi everywhere I go, so it's good to be able to jump on 3G when I need it.

**Rae**

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love having the 3G. Like others, I'd rather have it and not use it than not have it and want it. However, I do use mine frequently.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a 3G iPad but have no plans at all for sign up for 3G service. The only reason I bought a 3G iPad is for the built in GPS receiver.

For Internet service when I'm on the road I use my HTC EVO phone as I have unlimited data.

Also why pay for 3G service when my phone provides 4G service:D

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ps249 said:
Anyone regret getting an ipad with 3G? I know a few people who bought one and don't even use it.

I don't use the 3G, but I like knowing it's there if I want to.

TonyR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got 3G and use it a lot - usually don't even bother with hotspots. But I have two accounts, one for the iPad and one for the iPhone 3GS which I also tether to the Air. Thinking about upgrading to the iPhone 4 for the WiFi Personal Hotspot and run everything through the phone on a single account. Has anyone tried this and does it work as well?

Most reactions

Latest posts