What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REGRET - ipad app

iBealicious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What ipad app did you buy? Then afterwards regret buying it? And why?



Sent from my iPad

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too many to mention.

That's testimony to my membership of AA.

Yes - but they don't know you mean Appaholics Anonymus....:D

My biggest disappointment is the free app that you use as a '3' network customer - it doesn't even respect screen orientation, its touch 'sensitivity' is awful and it let's you play a game to get your network usage - really? What were they thinking. Bizarre....

Tim

Reaction score
Pricewise Smartpad was the largest let-down so far. It's an organizer app, which is supposed to be smart, but somehow the developer forgot to include a weekly overview, not to mention that it shows events on the wrong date (always one day early) :mad:

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Regret

What ipad app did you buy? Then afterwards regret buying it? And why?



Sent from my iPad

Buying GarageBand now that I have Amplitube, apart from that none really, although Dead Space (due to my inablity to aim properly) will last until the Ipad3 is released :D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since it looks like this thread is going to 'take off' it might be worth reminding Members that you can get a refund for any app that fails to satisfy. Just call the Apple Support line with the reference number of your puchase (on your iTunes invoice) and the refund will be credited to your iTunes account. Many members have done this and I've yet to hear of a case where a refund has been refused. (If you want to be cynical then it's because Apple keep their cut of the original purchase price and the developer refunds the full amount to the original purchaser).

Tim

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
interesting, never knew that, sticky?

icouldsave.co.uk - help save money and the planet!

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Thanks Tim, thanks for blurting out my shameful vice. I was hoping peeps would decipher 'AA' as my raving 2 bottles of scotch a day habit. Much more respectable. Thanks mate. Just hope nobody I know reads this thread. I'd be finished.

Rocket

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought backgammon HD about a week ago because I like to play online against real people and not computers , this seemed to be the best app from what I could see ,but after hours of trying to get matched up with an opponent it could not find one . This is not the app to buy if you want to play online, very disappointing.

snoitan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Netflix.

Okay, so watching movies is a must-have if you have a subscription, but the rest of the app has always been pretty horrid. It was bad enough when it was just a repeat of their website, but then they changed it to what is essentially an iPhone app being displayed on the iPad. And you can't put things in your mail queue. I tend to go to the web version (weak though it is) for this reason.

I wish they'd take a good, hard look at Hulu Plus and Crackle and figure out that you CAN load pictures relatively fast and have a decent interface for browsing.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Too many to mention.

That's testimony to my membership in AA.

Same here, way too many to mention.

I do a bit more research now before purchasing an app.

Wish I could be that fore-thoughtful... I just end up buying anything that looks like it fits my needs of the moment (games included).

Most reactions

Latest posts