What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Is Jailbreaking such a big deal?

MacMama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I realize that hacking your iPad voids the warranty so before I buy an extended one I'd like to know the
upside to doing it. What can you do after jailbreaking that you couldn't do before?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Yes, jailbreaking voids your warrenty - while the jail break is on the iPad. However, it can be easily removed, thus restoring your iPad to stock/out-of-the-box state. This means that, should you need warranty work, you can remove any/all jail break software and none will be the wiser.

For the second part of your question, may I suggest you grab a snack and your favorite beverage and have a read through all the stickies here in the Hacking section, beginning with this one: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

They'll give you a good idea why we jail break and what you can do with it.

Good luck and welcome again.

Marilyn

Robinbx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A question I asked before, still no answer - will jail breaking make your iPad less secure than before, i.e. will would-be hackers/viruses/worms now find it easier to mess with your Ipad?

DevinB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are cookies? I didn't get a cookie. Why didn't I get a cookie?

Most reactions

Latest posts