What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hacking without jailbreaking

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there any hacks out there that don't require jailbreaking? If so what are they? I accidentally upgraded to 3.2.2. and realized I couldn't jailbreak it. Also, is there a way to downgrade to 3.2.1? I didn't save the shsh blob stuff.:ipad-back:

skaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downgraded from 3.2.2 to 3.2.1 without shsh blobs using Organizer in XCode 4 Preview 2, and was then able to jailbreak again. I don't know if this will work in the current version of XCode.

alcovy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skaro, how did you do that? Have you got an official dev account? I tried with xcode 4 pre 2 and says the same as xcode 3, that you're not eligible for that build. It's starting to seem impossible without shsh!!! :confused:

alan111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downgraded from 3.2.2 to 3.2.1 without shsh blobs using Organizer in XCode 4 Preview 2, and was then able to jailbreak again. I don't know if this will work in the current version of XCode.

I would really like to know exactly how you did this. I can use the Mac in our office and download whatever needed. I will even pay you for your time to write out a step by step tutorial on how to do this. Yes, I'm desperate to downgrade to 3.2.1

Please get back to us!!

skaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skaro was able to do that only in his imagination.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Pego99 but I can assure you I did it and it worked fine.

First thing I would say is that I have an official developer account so I am not sure if that is what makes the difference here.

The steps I followed were really simple:-

1. Grab a copy of the original ipsw for 3.2.1
2. Open XCode 4 and go into Organizer
3. Select the iPad on the left hand side
4. On the right hand side, click on the drop down list where it says other version and select your 3.2.1 download.

This worked for me fine - took me from 3.2.2 back to 3.2.1 and I was able to jailbreak again. iTunes didn't work for me at all no matter what I tried.

Skaro.

alan111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks skaro!
Now if only someone would let us borrow their dev account so that we can download Xcode 4.... If anyone is willing to allow me borrow their account just for this download (you can temporarily change your password for me), i'de be willing to send a nice present towards their pay pal account... If anyone wants please PM me or email me at [email protected]

Thanks!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Pego99 but I can assure you I did it and it worked fine.

First thing I would say is that I have an official developer account so I am not sure if that is what makes the difference here.

4. On the right hand side, click on the drop down list where it says other version and select your 3.2.1 download.

This worked for me fine - took me from 3.2.2 back to 3.2.1 and I was able to jailbreak again. iTunes didn't work for me at all no matter what I tried.

Skaro.

KingDong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or if Skaro could let us know if it work with public version that be great also. Or if any one with a mac could try with public version.

KingDong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually know a place to get but of course I cant post link here so any one intrested in getting xcode 4 2 preview let me know I have tested this method yet as Im at work but as soon as I get home I will.

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freeipadjailbreak.org

Skaro.
I'm just downloading Xcode 4 Preview 2, and I will convert .dmg to .ISO windows files, because I'm a PC User. I will try your method and as promissed I will put your photo on my iPad if you're correct!

Thanks a lot!

KingDong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Changing it to iso wont help xcode wont run on a windows machine....

Most reactions