What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who wants to go to lunch?

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on a diet for the summer too (added *way* too many pounds over the long winter). So this thread is painful too read....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twism86 said:
Everyone who isnt from the East Coast NYC area cant talk about pizza! Its only good over here :D

Think you might those good folks in Italy would take issue with that statement....

Twism86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gardenstatetrout.com
Twism86 said:
Everyone who isnt from the East Coast NYC area cant talk about pizza! Its only good over here :D

Think you might those good folks in Italy would take issue with that statement....

They get an exception, everywhere else in the world, no. The NYC metro area (including parts of NJ) is the only place for good pizza in the US.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They get an exception, everywhere else in the world, no. The NYC metro area (including parts of NJ) is the only place for good pizza in the US.
Being NY born and bred I would agree with this... :)

The kind of place where you can buy it by the slice.... and made in a true pizza oven. Not on a conveyor belt.

That kind of pizza, large, sauce and cheese-laden, is not really like the traditional style of Naples--which I also love (Margherita style--cooked quickly in a wood fired oven and topped with either small amounts of sauce or sautéed tomato, fresh mozzeralla and basil).

Contrast that to the anything-goes around now. BBQ chicken and ribs pizza? Why not??? lolz

Michael

Karyyk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Not true, not true. Sometimes people from New York and New Jersey move and they bring the pizza along with them. I would have agreed with this statement a few years ago, but there are now a couple of places within driving distance where I can get a decent pie. I'm lucky, a friend from Jersey keeps me in the loop as far as where the good places are (crust can't be spongy or soggy, you almost have to fold the slices to eat them and there should be grease running down your arm when you do so).

Now I'm hungry. I think I'm going to go with Indian food today though.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just wait until McDonald's starts selling pizza. NYC pizza will not be able to compete.

Just look at that flat, pizza shaped pie you New Yorkers dare to call 'Pizza." You wouldn't know an anchovies if it bit you in the ass in front of Trump Plaza (Vote For The Donald!) No decent person would ever eat fake pizzas like you get in NYC. Come to Utah where we actually know how to make a proper pie.

We offer pizza as it was intended to be offered. Thirty minutes or less or the greatest pie on the planet is free. Go Pizza Hut and Vote the Donald, in 2014.

Hey Sweet . . I have coupons for McDonald's, so lunch is on me. I am not sure they exist in NYC; they might be local to Utah. None the less, they sell perhaps the finest burger on the planet, bar none.

Nuff said!

By the way, Utah has the best delicatessens, too. I think it has to do with our large Jewish population. Most Utah people are Jewish, you know. We also serve great bagels and Lox and we use that really wonderful spray creme cheese from a can with a side of lime jello. Can't beat that.

Smiley

Ducking

Double Smiley

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By the way, Utah has the best delicatessens, too. I think it has to do with our large Jewish population. Most Utah people are Jewish, you know. We also serve great bagels and Lox and we use that really wonderful spray creme cheese from a can with a side of lime jello. Can't beat that.
Really??? Then someone at HBO has the wrong idea!

250px-Big_love_ver2.png

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bob Bob Bob.

You better duck.:D I so want pizza now since Raja ate my Mickidees!

I think once and awhile, a Mac is ok for the dog. I use to get Herman a plain burger when we went out for a day of being laughed at because Herman was a tad goofy looking and the ever so necessary pooper scooper duty.

So a nice burger was his reward. Not every day, but every once in a while.

Bob

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Really??? Then someone at HBO has the wrong idea!

Oh, that HBO. They always get it wrong.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Not true, not true. Sometimes people from New York and New Jersey move and they bring the pizza along with them. I would have agreed with this statement a few years ago, but there are now a couple of places within driving distance where I can get a decent pie. I'm lucky, a friend from Jersey keeps me in the loop as far as where the good places are (crust can't be spongy or soggy, you almost have to fold the slices to eat them and there should be grease running down your arm when you do so).
While those transplanted NY pizza places are often better than usual, I have been to many and none have really been as good as the real deal. I think it's more than just the know-how. It's the supplies too... maybe even the water lol.

One thing that I cannot get used to is "sausage" topping that looks like rabbit turds. Or "meatball" that is just ground beef strewn on top. In NY sausage topping means slices of italian sausage, and slices of italian meatballs for meatball topping. Makes a difference IMO.

That said I pretty much eat very healthy nowadays. Rarely eat pizza... well like statistically never whaaaaa. I just can't get by the number of calories in like ONE slice. Let alone one dripping with grease. But it's delicious!

Michael

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Now I'm hungry. I think I'm going to go with Indian food today though.

So here is the question: is it still NYC/NJ pizza? It might be made by folks from NYC/NJ, but it is not NYC/NJ pizza by definition. It might be NYC/NJ Style Pizza, but it ain't the real thing.

It is not like only those in NJ/NYC can make good pizza. I feel certain that there is some piss poor pizza back east and some truly great pies here in Utah. and I do not mean Pizza Hut.

All I know is a great cheese, sausage, green pepper and anchovy pizza is good all the time.

Most reactions