What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Business - game discussion

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The purpose of this forum is to discuss elements within Game Insight's Big Business game - this is not a friend request forum. There are a lot things within the game that can be discussed, and this forum can allow users to post questions which will get answered by fellow gamers (since Game Insight's tech staff are not very useful).

To get the ball rolling, there are a few mystery Achievments within the game - for those that finished them they can share their responses on how to accomplish these achievements:

Passenger Comfort:
Leave men Alone:
Number of the Beast:
Marble Businessman:
No Excesses:
Ingrate:
Home, Sweet Home:
Cowboy is my middle name:
Sushi lover:
Romantic:
Bookworm: build 10 bookstores
Sweet tooth:
Caffeine junkie:
Fast food lover:
Lover of tropics:
Farmer: Build five farms
Tennis Aficionado: Build 10 tennis courts
Vitamin Maniac:
Yum yum yum:
Beaver buddy:
Cheeeese:
The fever got me:
I don't need this territory: obtaining all territory in a 3x3 square except the middle one.
Dictator:

Uniter of Nations:
In the event of war:
Radiant business:

Last edited:
OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also, what's the deal with papayas - where on earth are you supposed to use them?

uk_kiwiguy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I dont need this territory - obtaining all territory in a 3x3 square except the middle one.

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I dont need this territory - obtaining all territory in a 3x3 square except the middle one.

Interesting one.

Where's the avocado supposed to be used? Also in the food plant?

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another question that is less than obvious: how do you get to the quarry?

uk_kiwiguy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
marsm said:
Interesting one.

Where's the avocado supposed to be used? Also in the food plant?

Dont know about the avocado. Havent received any yet, so not too sure what to use them for.

uk_kiwiguy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
marsm said:
Another question that is less than obvious: how do you get to the quarry?

The quarry - thats an interesting feature, one that im not going to rush for.

First off, most people will need to expand territory 3 times to get to it. Then i had to sell 20 items from the warehouse, grain, being a quick 2 minute crop was good for this. It then came up with a message that the quarry owner was still considering my candidancy for the job. This went on for a week, sell 20 items, wait 24 hours, sell 20 items, wait 24hours, etc.

Once you get through this stage, you're given access to the quarry only to find it partially drowned and you need to obtain 6 pumps, available from trips from the terminal, or from visiting friends cities. Once 6 pumps obtained you're then given 12 hours access to do whatever,the first i think was limestone (2 hours) and you have to have x amount of dump trucks. After 12 hours that was it, then you need more pumps.

The resources from the quarry i believe are used in upgrading the entertainment facilities.

uberjuicey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found an annoying bug. I moved my weaving factory into storage to make room so I can move some of my buildings around. Afterwards, I tried to replace the weaving factory from storage and it says I have insufficient population, forcing me to hit the next population cap just to place it down again. I clearly had enough population before putting it into storage.

Anybody else try this and had this happen too? So be warned, don't store your factories in the storage unless you don't plan to use them again for awhile.

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The quarry - thats an interesting feature, one that im not going to rush for.

First off, most people will need to expand territory 3 times to get to it. Then i had to sell 20 items from the warehouse, grain, being a quick 2 minute crop was good for this. It then came up with a message that the quarry owner was still considering my candidancy for the job. This went on for a week, sell 20 items, wait 24 hours, sell 20 items, wait 24hours, etc.

Once you get through this stage, you're given access to the quarry only to find it partially drowned and you need to obtain 6 pumps, available from trips from the terminal, or from visiting friends cities. Once 6 pumps obtained you're then given 12 hours access to do whatever,the first i think was limestone (2 hours) and you have to have x amount of dump trucks. After 12 hours that was it, then you need more pumps.

The resources from the quarry i believe are used in upgrading the entertainment facilities.

Thanks for that kiwiguy - I'll keep buying up territory then to get started. It sounds a tad painful, given that you need six pumps to get it running for 12 hours; and this no doubt means a garage upgrade and more trucks (which ain't cheap).

Last edited:
OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Found an annoying bug. I moved my weaving factory into storage to make room so I can move some of my buildings around. Afterwards, I tried to replace the weaving factory from storage and it says I have insufficient population, forcing me to hit the next population cap just to place it down again. I clearly had enough population before putting it into storage.

Anybody else try this and had this happen too? So be warned, don't store your factories in the storage unless you don't plan to use them again for awhile.

How annoying - I have not done this yet, but good advice to not store factories by the sound of things.

Last edited:

Kezza48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm struggling with this game keeps taking me back to home screen whe I do get on and receive gifts from friends I'm getting hammers chisels etc was wondering what you do with them as soon as I try to send a ticket to gi it crashes again any help would bre appreciated.

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm struggling with this game keeps taking me back to home screen whe I do get on and receive gifts from friends I'm getting hammers chisels etc was wondering what you do with them as soon as I try to send a ticket to gi it crashes again any help would bre appreciated.

Your best bet is to hear from GI - good luck on that front.

My game, touch wood, has been running solidly with no issues at all.

Most reactions

Latest posts