What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has Backlight bleeding?

Do you have an issue with backlight bleeding on your iPad 2 and how severe is it?

• Yes, very noticeable. Time for an exchange.

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • A little but nothing major. It's a keeper.

Votes: 53 39.0%
  • No signs of any at all.

Votes: 54 39.7%

• Total voters

RunningIrish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My backlight bleeding has also gotten worse. I also have a dead pixel. I'm holding off on getting a replacement until they solve this manufacturing issue. The way i see it, I've got a year to do it before the warranty is up.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ipadlover29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had major back light bleeding on mine. It was on all four corners and sides. I decided to take it into the local apple store. The "genius" was very helpful and gave me a replacement on the spot. My replacement doesn't have any back light bleeding at all. Only thing is now I read about the antenna gate issue with wifi and tried it out on my iPad. It has that issue. Its not really that bad but it reduces my wifi signal by one bar and when I did a speed test it slowed down my connection.

Rich2putt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My backlight bleeding has also gotten worse. I also have a dead pixel. I'm holding off on getting a replacement until they solve this manufacturing issue. The way i see it, I've got a year to do it before the warranty is up.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I had slight bleeding on both sides of the home button. It didn't bother me but now I am seeing some bleeding near the camera lense. Had my iPad2 for about 3 weeks.

After the holiday, I'll return for another. :(

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My replacement iPad 2 is much, much better. Only one slight area where I can see a leak, and it has to be in a completely darkened room to see it. During normal use there's no issue. Glad I took the effort to head to my local Apple store. :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Paul_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad 2 arrived Monday, 5/23.

Having used it all week, I really enjoy it. At first I thought I had no light bleeding at all, but after a few days I realized I do have a tiny bit on one side. However, I have decided it's minor enough that I will not pursue a replacement. I can only really see the bleed on a black (or mostly all black) screen), so it's not bad.

There is no guarantee that a replacement will be perfect, so I'll stick with mine. I have no dead pixels or any other issues.

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Paul_NC said:
My Ipad 2 arrived Monday, 5/23.

Having used it all week, I really enjoy it. At first I thought I had no light bleeding at all, but after a few days I realized I do have a tiny bit on one side. However, I have decided it's minor enough that I will not pursue a replacement. I can only really see the bleed on a black (or mostly all black) screen), so it's not bad.

There is no guarantee that a replacement will be perfect, so I'll stick with mine. I have no dead pixels or any other issues.

Same, i'd rather not risk it as it is only noticeable under certain circumstances like yours, and it is only a little, with no other problems

vladimirrh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have been using mine for about 2 months, it has bleeding all over the edges, but only on black screen, also has 1 dead pixel which really bothers me more than the bleeding,

so i wonder if they could send me a new one for those reasons even if a live in mexico, also read in the comments someone get a leather smart cover as an apology gift for the troubles.

any one else who exchange the device receive any gifts?

hayroset

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't tell you if I have it cause I don't know what it is...

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hayroset said:
I couldn't tell you if I have it cause I don't know what it is...

I take it to mean that light behind the screen bleeds through. To check for it take a black photo and go into a dark room and then switch your brightness to high. Look along the edges of the screen for white bleeding coming through the screen.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've only had mine for 8 days, but no signs of it yet. Hopefully I never notice any! :ipad-front:

fredyjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys i want to ask you something, will apple be replace ipad problems with the ipad refurbish?
I have screen bleeding on my ipad2 that's pretty awful, want to sent it back but afraid of get ipad refurbish, i want brand new ipad not refurbish!

Most reactions

Latest posts